Transfers to/from airport or use taxis on my own?

fidofido

I am buying a panama cruise from San Juan, PR to Acapulco, with flights arranged by Princess via LAX.

Is it better to pay the $50/person (2 of us) for all the airport transfers through them, or is it cheaper/faster and easy to get myself to and from the airport from each of these locations? I especially can't find any info re: Acapulco. Any info on rates if I take taxi from dock to airport in Acapulco?

Also, since the ship docks in Acapulco at 7am, and our flight could possibly be in the evening, we might end up with a day in Acapulco, and I'd rather see the city than get driven to the airport because I pre-bought their transfer.

Thanks for your help!

Some of the cruiselines are starting to make the transfers a separate fee from the cruise air. That may be what is happening here.

BUT, even if the transfers are included, I would still use a taxi in San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, we declined the transfers. Per your suggestion, it seems easy, cheaper and faster to get my own ride in San Juan.

Still have to do some research on Acapulco, but we'll have the entire day to kill before heading to airport so figure we could check out the town and again, get our own ride rather than be stuck with the restrictions of a pre-purchased transfer.

Thanks!

Archived