dress code star flyer

briantrucker

My wife and I are taking a cruise on Star Flyer next year in May in French Polynesia. Having cruised previously on Tahitian Princess, P&O and Star Gemini where it was nice and proper to 'dress for dinner', can anyone let me know what is the dress code for dinner when sailing on clipper ships? I am very happy to go either way - black tie or shorts - but what would the Captain think if I turned up in open neck shirt when he expected bow tie!! I guess that being on a clipper leans towards a more 'casual' dress code?

So, what did you do Please let me know

Brian

I've sailed on the Star Clipper twice. I have never seen a tie of any type. Breakfast and lunch are shorts and tee-shirts. Dinner for men--collared shirt (polo is fine) and long pants. Women: dressy slacks or sundresses. No one's going to say anything to you as long as you're not dressed like you're on the beach. Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the poster, Kathy, above.

We did the holiday sailing on Star Flyer Singapore to Phuket in 2006. The dressiest I ever got was a sundress at dinner and my husband wore mostly polo or linen shirts with khaki or navy pants in the evening. On New Years Eve he did wear a sport coat but no tie. (mostly because he had it with him from spending Christmas on shore in Singapore) A few others did too.

On our sailing people often wore cover ups over swimwear at breakfast and lunch.

You'll have a great time.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've sailed on the Star Clipper twice. I have never seen a tie of any type. Breakfast and lunch are shorts and tee-shirts. Dinner for men--collared shirt (polo is fine) and long pants. Women: dressy slacks or sundresses. No one's going to say anything to you as long as you're not dressed like you're on the beach. Have a great trip!

Casual an clean is the norm

Archived