Carnival Chefs Table

KatyX

Okay, it's been more than a year since we went; but I saw another Chefs Table post where someone commented on the one negative post.

I gotta ask: how can y'all like this?

We ate in the noisy, busy kitchen and I got a head-on view of a big stainless steel wall. The food was a selection of artistically designed tidbits served with house wine. Some of the tiny bits were excellent; but most weren't that much better than the MDR offerings. The Chef was courteous, but seemed like we were keeping him from his job. The waitstaff was very gracious; but so are the staff in the dining room. I will say the short kitchen tour was interesting and it was nice sharing a table with other "foodies"

All this for $75.00 a head- and don't forget you already paid for dinner service with your cruise ticket - so you are really shelling out close to one hundred smackers for this experience.

And so, yes, we too are one of the few Chefs Table negative reviewers.

We had such a fun time. Got to watch them make the tidbits, got to see the action in the kitchen and got to drink lots with other foodies. FUN! My husband much preferred the breezes chefs table to Allure/Oasis. He felt it was relaxing and informative. I liked RCCL better but I like a fancy meal ....

What can I say other than I wish we had the same experience. The couple to the right of us were friendly and interactive. The rest of the group said nothing but acted like they'd never had nouvelle cuisine before

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, we are going on the October 31st cruise and we sent our email and are confirmed for the Chef's Table. After booking we see it's just a bunch of small bites. I am DEFINITELY not cheap, I am just wondering if it's like the dining room. Meaning, if you really like something can you get a "second" or if you want to pass on a certain "raw" course can you do that and get something else?

We are platinum members so absolutely not novices to cruising, just new to this experience!

From the online pics and reviews it seems like a stretch to "get full" from that meal!

If the purpose is an "experience" with some drinks and "foodies" that will be great! But, it is kind of billed as a meal and my party will be dropping a lot of $ so just wondering what to expect!

Thank You!

• 1 month later...
Hello, we are going on the October 31st cruise and we sent our email and are confirmed for the Chef's Table. After booking we see it's just a bunch of small bites. I am DEFINITELY not cheap, I am just wondering if it's like the dining room. Meaning, if you really like something can you get a "second" or if you want to pass on a certain "raw" course can you do that and get something else?

We are platinum members so absolutely not novices to cruising, just new to this experience!

From the online pics and reviews it seems like a stretch to "get full" from that meal!

If the purpose is an "experience" with some drinks and "foodies" that will be great! But, it is kind of billed as a meal and my party will be dropping a lot of $ so just wondering what to expect!

Thank You!

The meal really is amazing, its a 10 chorse meal 4 apps in the kitchen then the tour. Now we didnt eat in the kitchen but in a small room off the main dinning room. Every bite was amazing i wish i could of ate it every night. And yes you do get full.

• 2 months later...

I've done each menu at the Chefs Table and the second one was slightly disappointing (we were on the Conquest) and the Chef was not very nice to his staff. The other two CT's were awesome and we certainly didn't leave hungry. The appitizers are meant to be just small bites but the other courses were lovely and plentiful. CT might not be for everyone but we loved it. Especially the last one, with all the molecular tidbits!

To each their own!

Carole