Mariner of the Seas - 22 March 2018

I am also thinking of the same cruise. My travel agent said I would not be happy especially traveling solo. My way of thinking is that I am traveling halfway around the world to see new places and learn new cultures why not have the same experience on the ship?

A group of 4 of us were on Mariner in March of this year. All 4 of us loved it!

I have read that the cruises leaving Shanghai will have a high percentage of Chinese guests but the ones that start in Singapore have lots of Aussies and that's what I have found on both my cruises on Mariner out of Singapore.

Menus were similar to our previous cruise out of Australia to New Zealand with one or two Asian choices added and all announcements were in English.

• 2 months later...

Hi Hubby and I are from Perth Western Australia we are on this cruise dept the 22/3 we have be on a few cruises always a lot of Chinese on all of them doesn't bother us. Just enjoy yourself and make new friends.

Sue & Ron

• 1 month later...

Hi

My understanding is no visa's either. I am just finding private drivers for each port now, have just found one for Langkawi. We don't go into KL its to far and have already been there they will have people selling stuff at the wharf like they normally do if you want to buy anything. If you plan on going into KL to visit Petronas towers make sure you look it up as there is visiting times and you need to book. We don't do all the normal touristy stuff like visiting factory's and temples.

Hope to see you all on the boat getting excited now.:cool: