NCL- Boston NON US citizens disembarkation procedure.

sebas030

Hi all,

I didn't find anything detailed on the procedure before sailing, so here it is :

On NCL Dawn, when coming back to Boston, the NON US citizens have to go through immigration on the ship before they can exit.

You get in your room an immigration and border declaration to fill BEFORE you show up to the venue where the agents are. You also get a letter informing you where to meet and at what time.

It is also stated that "ALL non US citizens have to be present before anyone can disembark"...I don't know if this is really true but we could exit the ship without any problems.

In that letter it is mentioned that you have to be present in AQUA restaurant no later then 7:30am on disembarkation day. We showed up at 7:05am and the line was already very long outside Aqua. You DO NOT take your luggage with you, you need passport and the customs form. The line started to move around 7:20 and when we got in Aqua we were given #5 group. We sat and waited. At around 7:35 they started to call the groups number.

After they called #4 they asked us to move towards the front of the venue so they could let the pax waiting outside of Aqua in the venue....so get there early if you want to exit the ship early with easy walk-off...or else be prepared to wait for a long time.

When your number is called, you go to the front of the restaurant and do an other line, there you give a crew member your stateroom number and confirm your names.

Then you wait for an agent to be free. There are about 8 agents sitting behind tables, you walk up to an agent when he is free and give passport and form. For us and the other pax on our left and right it was very easy, the agent looked at our face and passport, stamped our passport and form and wished us a good day.

Then you are all done !!! When you exit the ship, either with easy walk-off or with colored tags, you give your customs form to an agent just before you swipe your card one last time and exit the ship. In the terminal you get your luggage and simply walk out of the building.

Hope it helps !

• 1 month later...
Great to know. We normally cruise out of Miami, so this a little different. I appreciate your post.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your welcome !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app