NCL Star

sagette

DH and I are possibly sailing on NCL Star in February. We are definitely getting at least a balcony cabin, but DH is also interested in a mini suite. I would appreciate some recommendations on cabin placement. We have only been on one cruise and I was very sea sick so if cabin placement helps with that, I'll try it! :D

I'm sure you probably already know that a mini suite is not a suite but only a slightly larger balcony. With that said, either way I would go with deck 8-9-10 mid ship. Mid ship has less up and down motion and lower deck have less left to right motion. Good luck and enjoy.

We leave in 2 weeks on the Star. When I called to book our room (a mini-suite) our Personal Cruise Consultant looked at everything before we chose. The MB category rooms are forward, however the MA category rooms were under the pool on deck 11, so we chose the MB. After much discussion with her we chose room 11556. Not to close to the stairs or elevators and not under the pool. Only rooms above us.

So take a moment and look at what is going to be ontop of you. If you havent chosen by the time I get back, I will come back and write what I thought of the room.

we were on the Star in February. Deck 12 room 12512 penthouse with balcony. Same deck as the pool and very forward. The room was great and we felt no motion-seas were very calm,no wind and sunny weather, but we did the Mexican Riviera out of LA. That was our first time being so far forward, loved it, we also have no issues with seasickness.

The mini suites are a bit larger than the balcony cabins, but I would look at the deck plans to see what is above you, cabins will be below you on deck 10. We had no noise in our room at all. We really liked the ship.We are both over 60 and found things to do all the time, including relaxing on our balcony. Dona

• 2 weeks later...

The balcony has 3 wicker chairs and a small round wicker table. There is plenty of room for lounge chairs, I asked to have them but was told no..loved this balcony, very private, less wind than a regular balcony. This balcony is more square than long. You could even have a 4th chair, even with a few more people standing. The room is superb! Very large and well laid out. There is no dining table in the room as the family suites have. You would have to use the coffee table for dinner plates. We did have lunch brought in from Cagney's, 2 sat on sofa and 2 in the other chairs.We handled it ok. Not the greatest set up for food. I would sail this room again! Dona

We will also be on the Star in February. We were looking at the suites with a balcony on deck 12 but decided on a family suite since we will have our teenagers with us. We usually book the SC suite but this new suite was a great deal so we booked three in a row as we have other family coming along.

Archived