Anyone do horseback riding

Sky616

Looking for something to do in Roatan. Was looking at possible horseback riding. My then 9 year old is not the best swimmer so snorkeling is out and didn't want to do an island tour. Anybody do any horseback riding here? What would you recommend?

Which ship are you on? RCL?

If so, then look at Anthony's Key Resort or El Barrio Dorcas Rancho. AK is up in Sandy Bay so less crowded beach area. Barrio Dorcas is out of the West End. Not sure what route they take.

http://www.anthonyskey.com/activities/horseback-riding.htm

http://www.barriodorcasranch.com/index_files/HTours.htm

If on a Carnival Lines ship you'll dock at Mahogany Bay and Carnival ships have a horseback riding excursion from that location, or close by.

Which ship are you on? RCL?

If so, then look at Anthony's Key Resort or El Barrio Dorcas Rancho. AK is up in Sandy Bay so less crowded beach area. Barrio Dorcas is out of the West End. Not sure what route they take.

http://www.anthonyskey.com/activities/horseback-riding.htm

http://www.barriodorcasranch.com/index_files/HTours.htm

If on a Carnival Lines ship you'll dock at Mahogany Bay and Carnival ships have a horseback riding excursion from that location, or close by.

We are on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas.

When I was in Roatan this past July, we went to Little French Key and I did the add-on horseback ride for $25. Turned out to be a private ride and the guide took me all around one side of the island and into the ocean quite a ways out. The ride wasn't that long but was well worth the additional $25. I had the rest of the day to enjoy the island, kayaking, swimming & lounging in the shallower parts of the island. There is one or two rope swings as well. There are different prices for their various packages that range from reasonable to expensive depending on what you want to do. The horseback ride will be an additional $25. The guides will meet you right outside the port. Beautiful island and hope to go back someday!!!:D

When I was in Roatan this past July, we went to Little French Key and I did the add-on horseback ride for $25. Turned out to be a private ride and the guide took me all around one side of the island and into the ocean quite a ways out. The ride wasn't that long but was well worth the additional $25. I had the rest of the day to enjoy the island, kayaking, swimming & lounging in the shallower parts of the island. There is one or two rope swings as well. There are different prices for their various packages that range from reasonable to expensive depending on what you want to do. The horseback ride will be an additional $25. The guides will meet you right outside the port. Beautiful island and hope to go back someday!!!:D

Hey sportscruiser, thanks. I was actually doing some research tonight and saw this at Little French Key and thought that would be perfect. One question I have is how is the beach area at LFK? The rest of the place looked awesome but didn't see a white sandy beach with the turquoise water you usually see in the Caribbean.

LFK has several different beach areas and many have white Sandy beaches and all have some of the most beautiful turquoise water I've ever seen! One of the guides walked us around the island when we arrived and I saw a beach area I wanted to use and he told me how to get there. Turned out to be a grear spot not far from the horseback riding and we went by that area while I was on the ride so my group got to see me ride by. I don't know how to upload photos to this site but I have alot, including some of the horseback riding portion. I can send them to you if you want to give me an email.

LFK has several different beach areas and many have white Sandy beaches and all have some of the most beautiful turquoise water I've ever seen! One of the guides walked us around the island when we arrived and I saw a beach area I wanted to use and he told me how to get there. Turned out to be a grear spot not far from the horseback riding and we went by that area while I was on the ride so my group got to see me ride by. I don't know how to upload photos to this site but I have alot, including some of the horseback riding portion. I can send them to you if you want to give me an email.

Sure that would be great. Couldn't figure out how to instant message you my email address so I guess I can put it on here. It's geimans35@comcast.net