Live Blogging from Allure of the Seas 12/4

Hello all. Checking in from John Glenn International Airport.

Waiting to catch our flight down to Fort Lauderdale. We're staying at the Hampton Inn Cruiseport South. I cashed in some hotel points to have two rooms for the family.

The trip to the airport was easy, the worst part is the waiting.

The flight seems full of cruisers, which is always nice to see.

I really wish they would do more direct non-stop flights, it seems to support it.

I want my money back, this was advertised as a live blog and the OP has not posted since yesterday.:p

I was just thinking the same thing, lol. I'm in the 2 bedroom aqua theater suite Jan 15th. Looking forward to reading Shawn's posts.

Would love to hear more too, have 2br ATS booked for Feb.12.

Any insight on thermal suite access would be appreciated.

The thermal suite access has been removed from the benefits as has the fitness classes. However, I emailed my Genie asking about it, and because when I booked it was listed as a perk he was able to work with the spa to grandfather my access into my perks.

Embarkation Day:

The family stayed at the Hampton Inn Cruise port South. For being a free hotel, it wasn’t bad, but there are better options. The room I stayed in had a very musty smell, like it had been flooded once or twice. But, it was perfectly acceptable for a night.

We woke up in the morning, futzed around the hotel until 10:45, we had prearranged our arrival time with Daniel our Genie to be at 11:30. We took an Uber to the port, and had to explain a few times to the driver that we went to the suite entrance, and then when we got out of the vehicle, had to tell the porters that we were Star Class. Once they heard the phrase they let us take our own luggage into the terminal.

When we arrived, we gave the Stateroom number to the person at the door, and a few moments later a very nice lady ushered us through the check-in process. They asked us to leave our luggage against the wall as we began the process, and a short time later it was in the stateroom. Check-in was relatively painless, because Daniel wasn’t available, we went through the standard check-in process, but, cut in front of everyone in line. Then we waited about three minutes in the Star Class area until Daniel appeared and took us onto the ship and into our room.

The stateroom is kept in magnificent condition. When we got to the room Daniel went through the reservations that he made for us; we asked him to do the dining and show reservations and presented us with an itinerary for the week. In addition, he spent some time talking about the Star Class perks, everything that you know and including same day expedited laundry and dry cleaning, as well as the movies through the stateroom.

After we got through all of that he suggested we have lunch at the Coastal Kitchen, so we made our way up there, and enjoyed a leisurely lunch. Once we finished we headed back to the stateroom, met Hubert the stateroom attendant and our luggage was there for us to unpack. In addition, there was a plate of horderves and a bottle of champagne. To be honest, I do wish those items were in the Stateroom when we arrived, as no one was hungry for it when we returned from lunch.

Mandatory safety drill, if you’re in 10330 then the muster location for you will be in the Aqua Theatre, and it’s the standard experience if you’ve sailed on a newer ship. If you haven’t, then you don’t take your lifejacket and they scan your Sea Pass Card when you enter to track who has attended, and they show a quick video on what to do in case of an emergency.

Dinner the first night was at Giovanni’s and it was amazing. Attentive service, more than capable staff, and it seems that when they realize you are Star Class they do pay just a bit more attention to you, to ensure that everything is above base.

The show for that night was Mama Mia; Daniel saved us seats all the way in front, and the show was exactly as I remember it from my local Broadway series subscription. There were a few sound hiccups, mainly microphones not on when they should have been, but, the cast performed well, and they all seemed to enjoy the parts that they played.

After that, I explored a bit more of the ship, but called it an early night as we were in Nassau early the next morning.