Tips on breakfast and lunch please

Bobble Head Cruiser

My beautiful wife and I will set sail on the Gem, April 5 out of N.Y.

I really enjoy good food. It is important to me to really enjoy my cruise so I paid $298.00 for the Ultimate Dining Package. What the heck, 2700 for the balcony for nine nights, this is a no brainer for me. I will order 8 ounce filet Mignon with two or three sides at Cagneys and rack of lamb with all of the wonderful starters and sides at Le Bristo every night---can not wait. My question is, on this ship has anybody have some thoughts about breakfast and lunch. I can free wheel with pizza, wings, Indian food, just about anything--not a food snob--only for dinner.

Almost every type of breakfast food is available. We enjoy eating breakfast in the dining room, rather than at a buffet... it's just nicer to have everything (jelly, butter, syrup, etc...) on the table, rather than searching it out while your food gets cold!

For lunch, since we're generally at the pool, we'll just pick up something from the buffet and take it back to the pool with us.

Filet Mignon is great, especially if it's prepared well, but you might get tired of it having it so many days in a row. Personally, whenever I'm around the ocean, I like the idea of trying to eat some kind of seafood at least once in a while - makes the ocean trip feel more authentic in some ways.

As for breakfast, I'd stick with traditional breakfast foods. Eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, that kind of stuff. Just to wake you up and give you some energy.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm from Kansas. I wouldn't know good seafood if it swam right into my mouth.

Steak though, that's a bit different. Born and raised on that stuff.

I'll eat a bunch of seafood on my cruise not likely to get it back home.