Reduced Deposit???

jelayne

I know that I get reduced deposits when booking on the ship but is there a reduced deposit for Captains Club when booking through a TA?

Looking to book a fall 2015 TA but Santa says he needs money for gifts so a reduced deposit might do the trick;)

I know that I get reduced deposits when booking on the ship but is there a reduced deposit for Captains Club when booking through a TA?

Looking to book a fall 2015 TA but Santa says he needs money for gifts so a reduced deposit might do the trick;)

Believe it will depend on your TA (Travel Agent)

Why not book direct with Celebrity... Which will make sure you get any advertised perks in effect (although YOU have to know what they are... Ie Current Specials - Captains Club Offers - Captain's Club Upgrade - Captain's Club 50% Deposit) and after that transfer it to a TA... As you have 60 Days to do so as long as it is before Final Payment is due

Who if you are lucky (have done your homework on TAs ) will also give you some perks.

I took advantage of all on an upcoming Bermuda Cruise

* Celebrity Special Promo = 123Go

* Captain's Club Promo = Bonus Points

* Captain's Club SubCategory Upgrade

* Captain's Club 50% Deposit

And

* TA OBC

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Note that Captain's Club Perks (ie SubCategory Upgrade, 50% Deposit) are not always applicable on all cruises or categories... Check the fine print

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Why would the amount of the deposit depend on my travel agent?? They don't require any greater a deposit than whatever Celebrity wants.

As for booking direct & transferring. I have done this a number of times but in this case it is a Transatlantic cruise so Celebrity isn't offering any perks so no reason to go through the extra step.

Why would the amount of the deposit depend on my travel agent?? They don't require any greater a deposit than whatever Celebrity wants.

As for booking direct & transferring. I have done this a number of times but in this case it is a Transatlantic cruise so Celebrity isn't offering any perks so no reason to go through the extra step.

Based on what others have said in the past... Some TAs set their own rules when it comes to Terms of Payment (including Deposits)

And so you might not be able for example take advantage of the Captain's Club 50% Deposit perk

Just saying... Of course YMMV

Cheers!