X Air ATL to YVR

willieg

We are thinking of a Celebrity cruise out of Vancouver. Experienced Celebrity cruisers--what air arrangements does X make from Atlanta to Vancouver? DH uses a wheelchair and we need to make the trips as easily as possible. We usually fly Delta, but I don't know if Celebrity uses Delta or another airline.

Thanks for your help

We are thinking of a Celebrity cruise out of Vancouver. Experienced Celebrity cruisers--what air arrangements does X make from Atlanta to Vancouver? DH uses a wheelchair and we need to make the trips as easily as possible. We usually fly Delta, but I don't know if Celebrity uses Delta or another airline.

Thanks for your help

Could be any airline, any connections (maybe 2-3). Book the X air if you feel comfortable with the price, but start looking immediately for tickets on your own. You can always cancel your X air anytime before final payment.

As a yearly Alaska visitor, I have found the best prices in October through about November 15. If you have the extra time and your husband can handle it, might want to look into booking RT Seattle and taking the train to Vancouver. The ride up is beautiful, Seattle is a pretty neat town, and you can usually save enough on airline tickets to pay for the hotel and train. Vancouver, during cruise season, is one of the most expensive places for airfare in North America.

because if you have then you would be entitled to custom air. You would work with your TA and basically pick your own flights.

I don't know when you are going but Delta did have direct flights to YVR this year from ATL. That would make it so much better for you both. I don't know about other airlines but there may be additional carriers with direct flights.

Good luck wiht your plans.

Thanks for your help

I do not have experience with X air to Vancouver, however we used X Custom Air to arrange for our one way transportation to Barcelona last year for a Transatlantic cruise and we couldn't have been happier! I originally made all arrangements online via the website, but I was not happy with the flights and layovers, etc. so I telephoned custom air (800-636-2440) and they easily changed to a much more direct flight. (it was Florida to PHIL, then directly to Barcelona). I think there was a charge, but it wasn't that much and I was very happy with the new flights.

hope this helps.

Charbie

We usually fly Delta, but I don't know if Celebrity uses Delta or another airline.

We used Celebrity's air earlier this year for a Transatlantic cruise, and our flight home from Europe was on Delta.

The odds are that Delta would be used from ATL, simply because Delta has the most flights from ATL. That doesn't guarantee it though. The direct ATL-YVR flight doesn't start until Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks DanJ. We were looking at the repositioning cruises in May or Sept. I could find the direct flight for Sept, but not for May. On those repositioning trips you get into the one-way fares which can be tricky.

We used Custom Air for our TA last year to Barcelona. We picked our flights and were able to get the Delta nonstop from Barcelona. It was not bad at all.

Right now we need to fly to Tampa in April and the prices are much too high.

We can fly from Atlanta to London for $20 more than a flight to Tampa. We are waiting for a bargain.

Archived