photography packages

i have a question on the photography packages. my fiance and I have been together for 11 years. We are getting married on the Carnival Freedom on 9-19-2011 and I really do not want to pay $495 for even the basic package. I thought i read that you can buy photos seperately. If anyone knows it would be a great help. Thanks

That is what I have been told.......... you can buy single photos. (They will all probably be 8x10's or 5x7's).

I am getting married on Freedom on 9/13/11 in the port of St. Thomas. And the ship returns on the 18th. You will be getting married on the ship's next embarkment day! I hope you post a review, it will be nice to see how our weddings differ, or whether or not we rate the services they provide the same.

Again congratulations on your wedding!:)

The other thing you could do is put Wedding Photography on your Carnival gift registry. We are probably going to do that. If people pitch in, we'll buy a package. If not, we will likely also go the single photos route. Either way, congratulations on your wedding, and I know your pics will be beautiful :) I have been with my fiancé for 8 years so I know how excited you must be to finally be making it all official.

i have a question on the photography packages. my fiance and I have been together for 11 years. We are getting married on the Carnival Freedom on 9-19-2011 and I really do not want to pay $495 for even the basic package. I thought i read that you can buy photos seperately. If anyone knows it would be a great help. Thanks

Hi Stacy! Your getting married on my birthday! :D

Carnival does allow you to buy photo's individually. My wedding was on Carnival Dream. The 8x10's were $29.99 each and the 5x7's were $9.99 each. By the time we added up the important photos we wanted we would have spent more than the lowest package. The photographer pre-printed all our photos and did not have thumbprints to show us to choose from. All the formal photos of the bride and groom were in 8x10, guest photos, brides entrance, and action shots on the dance floor, etc were in 5x7's. Some of the package deals include a CD of all the photo's you purchased so you could make more copies once your home. We choose the second package which cost $749 and included the CD and a 16x20 photo on canvas.

I would suggest creating a list of photos you must have and giving that list to your TWE coordinator to give to the photographer so you can make sure the most important shots are taken. Creating the list will also help you figure out what your photo budget should be. Hope this info helps and congrats on your upcoming nuptials! :)

I am a photo person myself, so there is no way that I would have been able to deal with only a few photos. I had a hard enough time as it was choosing the photos that I did get.

Make sure that there are any specific photos that you do want, find out from the photographer when/while you are doing your photos (before you view them) if they do the photo books on that ship, all ships don't offer the photo books from what I'm told. If they do do the photo books, tell them NOT to make one for you beforehand because you will not be buying it. Otherwise, they will do what they did with me and make sure to put all of the specific pictures that you purchased in the book, which BTW is $1200.00 and NOT worth it.

Also, if you care about photos at all, I would highly suggest buying enough to get the CD because their prints are not professional quality.

As a matter of fact, for anyone reading this who hasn't had their wedding yet, if you don't want your wedding photos on the same glossy paper that they print the photos around the ship you need to request that all photos be printed on matte. I'm sorry, but I refuse to purchase photos for that price on the same paper (actually seems thinner) than what I have in my photo printer at home.

If you are paying professional prices, they should be ALL means give you professional prints.

The photos themselves were wonderful on our ship, but the print quality sucked.

I just wanted to give a heads up. We were on a budget too, but ended up coming up with a little extra money for the photos because they are very important to me.

• 9 months later...

I LOVE pictures- especially if they are good one :-) We had budgetted $1000-$12000 max for pictures- and seriously that is only if they were terrific. I was willing to walk away with nothing. BUT when we saw the pictures I just wanted to cry because they were so artistic and editorial and wonderful! We totally disregarded the packages and paid $1500 for the book AND all of the pictures on a disk that we now own and can print whenever we want. BEST investment ever! Our photog was incredible and we never even talked about a "package". The book alone was supposed to be $1500- then I asked about getting the images in the book on disk and he was willing to throw those in. I praised him for his incredible work- it really was - I hope one day I really think we were that beautiful :-) and he asked that we didn't use his name but agreed to throw it ALL of the images on the DL

Best money we spent on the wedding/ cruise!!!

I LOVE pictures- especially if they are good one :-) We had budgetted $1000-$12000 max for pictures- and seriously that is only if they were terrific. I was willing to walk away with nothing. BUT when we saw the pictures I just wanted to cry because they were so artistic and editorial and wonderful! We totally disregarded the packages and paid $1500 for the book AND all of the pictures on a disk that we now own and can print whenever we want. BEST investment ever! Our photog was incredible and we never even talked about a "package". The book alone was supposed to be $1500- then I asked about getting the images in the book on disk and he was willing to throw those in. I praised him for his incredible work- it really was - I hope one day I really think we were that beautiful :-) and he asked that we didn't use his name but agreed to throw it ALL of the images on the DL

Best money we spent on the wedding/ cruise!!!

This magical $1500 album--is it a matted album where the photos slide into a matted page or is it reminiscent of Shutterfly's infamous $30 album where the photos are printed on the pages? We're currently having the album debate so we know what we want ahead of time.

The album is really beautiful. My husband and I went in to meet our photographer to view the pictures. The photographer put the album in front of us to look at and left the room for a minute. I said to my husband "oh, this is like a $1500 book, I read about" we sort of laughed like there was no way we would ever purchase it. Well, as we started to look at it, I loved it and realized that I wanted it. Luckily for me, as we turned to the last page my husband said that we have to get it. The pictures are glued onto thick pages, and they go across the entire book (over the two pages) Much better quality then shutterfly, and he let us change the pics that he had in the book to others we liked. Just make a deal, I really don't think they expect you to pay the package price. He kept bringing the price down and adding more pics into the deal.

This magical $1500 album--is it a matted album where the photos slide into a matted page or is it reminiscent of Shutterfly's infamous $30 album where the photos are printed on the pages? We're currently having the album debate so we know what we want ahead of time.

I am going to shoot completely straight with you. I had absolutely NO intention of buying that book. I didn't even know there would be a book. I had two digital SLR's with me that I gave to photography gifted guests who took awesome pictures which I saw before the BOOK. When we went in to view the pictures I wasn't even sure we would buy one picture and I nicely told our photog that. He left us alone with THE BOOK. (I'm trying to be a little funny with the caps in THE BOOK).

Anyway, aside from the actual vows and the rocking reception, viewing THE BOOK was the absolute best part of the wedding cruise. I mean the best. It was so beautiful. I can't believe anyone could do something so beautiful in that amount of time. It brought tears to my husband's eyes and I can just say I am lucky I was wearing waterproof mascara. The photog was awesome!!! A complete artist. He didn't push us at all. He actually left us with the book and the box of pictures and excused himself for about 45 minutes.

By the time he came back I knew I had to have the book. I asked if that included all of the pics in the book on disk and he said yes. So we went through pic by pic and figured out what that included and what we would be leaving behind. Honestly, I wanted them all but we really could not afford any more. I think the photog saw how sick I was about seeing the rest of his beautiful work go in the trash and he said he would, off the record, make sure everything was included on our disk. Bless his heart because I would have been sick losing anything.

So no it's not a shutterfly book- it should be an original work of art. And the quality is incredible. It was so beautiful it brings back that very special day to us every single time my husband and I look at it.

Good luck and congratulatins!!!!

Archived