Fram Carry on Beverages

WisRiver

We have traveled on the Hurtigruten in Norway. Given the high prices for alcohol in Norway, we brought a duty free scotch and gin on board for pre dinner drinks in our cabin. We also brought some tonic water, limes, snacks and club soda from an on shore grocery. No problem on the Finnmarken.

We are now booked on the Fram for an Antarctica cruise. We board the ship in Ushuaia. The fine print says that we cannot bring alcohol on board.

-Are the drink prices on the Fram as expensive as in Norway?

-Can we bring snacks and soda on board?

Given the luggage limitations we would plan to do some shopping in Ushuaia.

Prices on board MS Fram are Norwegian prices (so yes, expensive). I've been 3 times on board Fram and each time we have brought a couple of bottles on board without problems, but they were in our suitcase, not the carry-on. Your carry-on will be scanned while entering the ship, although I think it's more for safety reasons than for alcohol policy enforcing, so I would say it's probably worth a try.

And have a great trip! When is your departure?

All hand luggage is screened. The person doing the screening was about to call his supervisor when he saw 3 big bottles of water/soda water in my daughter's hand luggage, but, when I said it was only water, he let it through. I had 1 bottle, so we had 4 bottles between us. I doubt they would let alcohol in hand luggage through.