Turkey Visa

I'm happy to be corrected but I thought that from April all tourist Visas for Turkey, for visitors from the uk had to be applied for on line at a cost of £10. It could be there are arrangements for a cash payment for those not in the know I suppose.

I'm happy to be corrected but I thought that from April all tourist Visas for Turkey, for visitors from the uk had to be applied for on line at a cost of £10. It could be there are arrangements for a cash payment for those not in the know I suppose.

Last year the cost for our E-visas was $20 each. It worked out at £13 each, but the exchange rates this year could well be better. Don't know why it's done in US dollars but hey-ho. I understand that you can still get your visas on arrival but they have put the cost up to £20 each.

We had a week's hotel stay in Marmaris last month.

Got the visa online before travelling - $20 US Dollars each, no £ Sterling payment option.

The former "pay as you enter" procedure has been temporarily extended to cover the current holiday season only.

I spotted a family group having discussions at airport passport control - having to pay in cash and the immigration officials were clearly not too happy. The pre-printed online visa obviously saves them administrative time and effort.

Not sure how much they had to pay each, or what currencies were accepted, however I assume it would have to be more than £10 Sterling. Probably credit cards would be accepted and charged as $ US Dollars.

If it's £20 Sterling "pay as you enter" then it has to be a no brainer - there's a big difference between twenty dollars and twenty pounds - get your visa online in advance.

They are valid for 90 days, so if you are likely to visit Turkey again within that timeframe it's best to login in the start date of the visa as your first day of travel, not the date you apply online.

Edited by WeeCountyMan
additional information