Seattle to Mukilteo ferry questions

soccerref

Hi to any Seattle experts,

My DH and I are visiting family in Whidbey Island before our Norwegian Pearl cruise to Alaska. We are staying in Seattle for a night and then catching the ferry to Clinton from Mukilteo. My questions are:

• How do we get from our hotel to the ferry?
  • Is there public transport, a shuttle service or would we need a taxi? Any idea of the costs so we are prepared?
  • How long does it take from downtown Seattle?

I would be very grateful for any information. Our relatives are elderly and we don't want to burden them with having to come and get us!

Thank you.

Mukilteo is about 20 miles from Seattle. It is just south of Everett. To get there you would have to take I 5 north and take the Mukilteo exit. You really need to rent a car for this one. Remember that the ferry traffic can be very heavy on the weekends so I would coordinate this with your relatives on Whidby Island. There are no shuttles, that I know of, and a taxi would be very very expensive.

There should be a bus you can take. If you don't take a car, or don't take a car on the ferry, you can easily get on as a pedestrian without a long wait if your family would pick you up on the Whidbey Island side.

Here is the website for the ferry:

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/info_desk/terminals/index.cfm?terminal_id=14

Here is a website to look for public transportation to the ferry:

http://www.commtrans.org/

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply. I'm not sure about renting a car as you drive on the 'wrong' side of the road! We are from the UK but a bus would be fine as our relatives will meet us off the ferry.

Regards Soccerref

Archived