Need advise for excursions

HAPPY FAMILY 2

Friends who were in St Thomas in May took a tour from one of the dispatched taxis at Havensight, and that tour did not include a beach stop. The drivers who approach you offering a tour usually include beach stop for maybe a few dollars more than the tour offered by dispatch. Make sure you ask for a tour that includes a beach stop for about 1.5 hours if you want to go to beach.

Most excursions, except for island tours, require advance reservations, because there are limited equipment and guides. Check with BOSS to see if you can book independently.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone and sorry for my English.

My husband and I have always traveled with Costa Cruises and next year we will make our first cruise, a B2B, with Royal Caribbean and then we have a thousand questions :)

In St. Thomas we will want to consider one of the excursions offered by the company http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=STT&pager.offset=40

We would like to snorkeling maybe to see different types of fish and some other marine animal like maybe manta rays.

Do you have any advice for us?

We are not divers then all excursions where you need experience we discard them :(

Thank you all in advance.

You will more than likely encounter turtles and fish on the ship's excursion to Turtle/Cove/Bay. The ship excursion will probably be crowded, but transportation, if needed, to the ship will be included. Many other boats go to that same location, but you would have to book independently and probably pay to get to the independent boat excursion.

• 3 months later...

If you want to try real scuba without being certified, My wife and I would recommend Blue Island Divers Discover scuba. They will take you on a two tank dive and you will be with an instructor the whole time. We have done it twice and it was GREAT!

We went ahead and booked with Good Day Charters, a half day charter for the 6 of us on the "Good One". It sounds like it will be great. Captain Dusty was a pleasure to speak with and he assured me it will be the highlight of our cruise! I will post a review afterwards.

Happy Family,

For specific excursions like the underwater scooter you'll want to contact the operator directly to see if you can book independently.

For island tours there are guides that provide that with or without a beach stop, and as mentioned you can find a taxi driver at the dock that is providing island tours for groups. The taxi coordinator can help direct you too.

A nice day on St Thomas can include beach time and an island tour with the highlights (the scenic overlook and Drake's Seat, Mountaintop, etc), or duty free shopping in Charlotte AMalie if you are a shopper. Some beaches are more popular and so more crowded than others, your choice depends on what you are looking for in a beach.

Another option is a daysail with one of the many excellent operators like Yacht Nightwind, High Pockets or those offered through the ship.

And a perennial favorite is the Champagne Catamaran to St John offered through the cruise lines.

M@rM@r,

For snorkeling you have the option of off-the-beach snorkeling at several of the East End beaches, or the beaches of St John. If time allowed and you have toyr own geat and want something more than the typical experience I would suggest Waterlemon Cay on St John. But if you are beginners I'd consider one of the beaches like Coki or Sapphire, or one of the excellent daysails which go to St John and moor off the cays like Yacht Nightwind, New Horizons, and High Pockets.

Blue_water, thanks for the advice.

We are beginners and for us it is the first time to the Caribbean and we have never snorkeled and we also speak very little (and bad) English :p so we try to find something not too demanding .

I sign as suggested, thanks again. :)