Can I DIY Mallorca?

We will be on the Epic in early September with my elderly mother who does not like the beach. We have arranged private tours for all the other ports, but due to the shortness (2pm-7pm) of this port stop, and the lack of recommended tour guides, we do not have anything booked for Mallorca. I think we would like to tour the old town area, cathedral, possible shopping? What would be the best way to do this? Are there any "taxi-guides" available at the port? We like it when we have a guide to give us some information about what we're looking at.

Or, can anyone recommend a private tour guide for a 4 hour tour?

We have been to Palma de Mallorca twice, on HAL, so our experience may be slightly different from yours, but both times we docked out of town at the "cruise Port". The first time we booked on the ship to take the shuttle bus into town and just walked around. We went to the cathedral and the palace which is just across the road.

The second time we didn't bother, as the hop-on, hop-off bus came to the port area, and we took that all around its route, and we walked around the town again, and went to Banos Arabes (Arab baths), the cathedral again, and we stopped at the castle on the hill to take photos, and then got on the next HOHO bus back to the ship.

We had much longer there both times, though, so it's hard to say how something like that would work for you. I imagine there would be taxis at the port, but I can't exactly recall seeing them. If your ship should happen to dock in town, of course, it would be much more convenient to walk off.

We have been to Palma de Mallorca twice, on HAL, so our experience may be slightly different from yours, but both times we docked out of town at the "cruise Port". The first time we booked on the ship to take the shuttle bus into town and just walked around. We went to the cathedral and the palace which is just across the road.

The second time we didn't bother, as the hop-on, hop-off bus came to the port area, and we took that all around its route, and we walked around the town again, and went to Banos Arabes (Arab baths), the cathedral again, and we stopped at the castle on the hill to take photos, and then got on the next HOHO bus back to the ship.

We had much longer there both times, though, so it's hard to say how something like that would work for you. I imagine there would be taxis at the port, but I can't exactly recall seeing them. If your ship should happen to dock in town, of course, it would be much more convenient to walk off.

Thanks for responding! I might just do a search for a private tour guide in Palma? I really hate the ship excursions but the shortness of time might leave us with nothing else.