Sailport Suites at Rocky Point, Tampa

waterbugohio

Has anyone stayed here??

Looks like a decent rate for a one night stay. We don't need to spend top dollar, just want something clean.

Also, would rather take taxi to port in the morning. Any idea of price from Rocky Point to Port? Would be traveling with 8 people

I have not stayed at the Sailport but know the general area. A cab from Rocky Point to the port will run you around $30. Here is the ph# for United cab in Tampa. I would call them in advance to see about a van that would accomodate 8 passengers in lieu of two taxi cabs. 813-777-7777

http://www.unitedcaboftampa.com/

As far as restaurants, there is a Bahama Breeze on the opposite side of the strip road. It is next to The Chase Suites, Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn Rocky Point. Across the busy hwy, would be Crabby Bills and some other restaurants near the Best Western Bay View. If the hotel offers a free shuttle to take you to a restaurant, that would be great.

Here is an older CC thread with a little information on the Sailport.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1018096&highlight=sailport

Good luck and have fun.

:)

The DoubleTree hotel Rocky Point is within walking distance and they have a restaurant in the hotel. The Galerie. That would be a good thing if you do not feel like taking the hotel shuttle to a nearby restaurant.

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/doubletree-suites-by-hilton-hotel-tampa-bay-TPARHDT/dining/index.html

Here is a list of some other nearby restaurants

http://www.urbanspoon.com/ps/30/5375/tampa-bay-doubletree-guest-suites-tampa-bay-nearby-restaurants

Just and FYI, The Chase Suites Rocky Point is also located on the water and offers suites for larger groups. They also have a cruise pkg that will include a round trip shuttle to and from the port, plus free hot breakfast, a welcome reception during the weekdays, a gift shop/store and is located right next to the Bahama Breeze restaurant. It is just very convenient and still the same waterfront location just a better location and inclusive of transportatioin. JMHO

Edited by Hoosiercouple

Hoosier,

thanks for all your information. Will check on all the things you suggested.

As for the stay and cruise packages, we checked on some and it seems like you pay quite a bit more to just get a shuttle. That is why I wondered the price of the taxi to the port. We have done shuttles before that take forever and stop several places. We now try to avoid them

Hoosier,

thanks for all your information. Will check on all the things you suggested.

As for the stay and cruise packages, we checked on some and it seems like you pay quite a bit more to just get a shuttle. That is why I wondered the price of the taxi to the port. We have done shuttles before that take forever and stop several places. We now try to avoid them

Yes, I agree for 8 passengers it could get pricey. Do call the United Cab though. They are the #1 taxi company in Tampa. I am willing to bet that they could arrange a van type taxi for you. That would just be around the 30.00 range or perhaps they could give you an exact quote.

Now from the port back to the airport there is a $25 set rate but that is for up to 4 passengers, so you may want to inquire on that rate as well.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

wow, I started this thread two years ago when cruising out of Tampa and looking at pre cruise hotels. We decided that year to stay near port.

Looking again for this spring. Any new insight on the Sailport hotel?

Trying to figure out how far and how much a taxi would be to go get soda, water and wine (oh and maybe some alcohol also)