Cigars in Cozumel

Cibolodave

Lots of fakes around. Be careful. Perhaps the Cigar Dude will chime in, but as I understand it the Havana Club up by the Punta Langosta pier is the only La Casa de Habana authorized dealer on the island. They indeed have THE officially exported Cubans. Some cruisers have reported getting authentic Cubans at Havana Bobs, downtown next to Wet Wendy's but I can't verify. So while you'll see merchants in souvenir shops all over ,including Puerta Maya where Carnival docks, claiming their cigars are "Authentic", it's Buyer Beware!

Thank you so much for the info

Lots of fakes around. Be careful. Perhaps the Cigar Dude will chime in, but as I understand it the Havana Club up by the Punta Langosta pier is the only La Casa de Habana authorized dealer on the island. They indeed have THE officially exported Cubans. Some cruisers have reported getting authentic Cubans at Havana Bobs, downtown next to Wet Wendy's but I can't verify. So while you'll see merchants in souvenir shops all over ,including Puerta Maya where Carnival docks, claiming their cigars are "Authentic", it's Buyer Beware!

I would recommend also posing that question to Cozumel residents and regular visitors on the Coz forum on trip advisor as they can give you the most current feedback. There is also good help here, TA is just a good resource for questions like that.

In both Playa Del Carmen and San Miguel the vast majority are fakes. You'll see a couple guys rolling cigars in street shops, I've never tried one and don't know if any of those are quality Mexican tobacco or garbage and I would be interested in knowing. You will also see guys walking the busier beaches selling glass-covered wood boxes of "Cohibas" that are something quite "different". Smokeable but not enjoyable.

There are also some very nice Mexican, Honduran, and other cigar choices in the right shop. But nothing compares to a Cuban that is stored properly, and you will pay dearly for that.

Thank you very much

I would recommend also posing that question to Cozumel residents and regular visitors on the Coz forum on trip advisor as they can give you the most current feedback. There is also good help here, TA is just a good resource for questions like that.

In both Playa Del Carmen and San Miguel the vast majority are fakes. You'll see a couple guys rolling cigars in street shops, I've never tried one and don't know if any of those are quality Mexican tobacco or garbage and I would be interested in knowing. You will also see guys walking the busier beaches selling glass-covered wood boxes of "Cohibas" that are something quite "different". Smokeable but not enjoyable.

There are also some very nice Mexican, Honduran, and other cigar choices in the right shop. But nothing compares to a Cuban that is stored properly, and you will pay dearly for that.