Xmas on Majesty - Brilliant !!

Just returned from a week on Majesty - 1st time on the ship (6th cruise - last 2 on Destiny) - it was absolutely brilliant !! The ship was lovely and much less 'tired' than destiny. Staff brilliant - food lovely - hubby and I have no complaints what so ever and would definitely sail on Majesty again...

I have seen the other more negative reviews re last week - in my opinion it's what you make of it and you get what you pay for ! if you want a £4000 per person cruise experience then book a £4000 per person cruise.... not a Thompson one then complain about any small negatives....

If you are due to go on Majesty then look forward to it.... if the negative reviews have put you off and you don't want to go..... hubby and I will be more than happy to go in your place rather than you waste it (lol)... as would the new friends we met onboard who also didn't want to come home :(

So glad to hear you had a lovely time on her. I thought from comments on here that we were the only ones that had a great time on her when we did Adriatic Explorer in Sept. They had to practically drag us off down the gangplank at the end of the week. Have a Happy New Year

Berwyn :D

Well done CarrpeDiem, glad you enjoyed your Christmas.

Your comments echo ours. We were on Majesty just after Berwyn and had a fantastic time. Don't comment much these days as too many people on here wanting too much for too little and I would get banned for some of my thoughts.

Happy New Year to you and yours.:)

Oh thank you CarrpeDiem :) So many moaning on here this week and we are due to go on Canarian Flavours on 4 weeks time :rolleyes:

Our last cruise was on Celebrity and although the ship was beautiful, there just wasn't the friendly atmosphere that you get on Thomson :(

She's in Madeira today :)

http://www.madeira-web.com/camera/cam-04.html

It looks lovely and sunny - booo! Horrid here, still raining! And it looks as if she has got a bit closer berth this time:)

Happy New Year to Everyone

xxx

Oh thank you CarrpeDiem :) So many moaning on here this week and we are due to go on Canarian Flavours on 4 weeks time :rolleyes:

Our last cruise was on Celebrity and although the ship was beautiful, there just wasn't the friendly atmosphere that you get on Thomson :(

She's in Madeira today :)

http://www.madeira-web.com/camera/cam-04.html

It looks lovely and sunny - booo! Horrid here, still raining! And it looks as if she has got a bit closer berth this time:)

Happy New Year to Everyone

xxx

Morning Linda, Happy New Year when it arrives .

She looks like she's berthed in about the same place as we were when we were there on Island Escape on Colourful Coasts cruise.

Berwyn

So good to read a good report on Majesty I know there have been a few good ones but you only seem to remember the negative ones,we too are going on Majesty on 7June (Manchester) and looking forward to it very much ,now Christmas is over I can start really thinking about it Husband just bought a new D/S (old one shrunk).:)

So good to read a good report on Majesty I know there have been a few good ones but you only seem to remember the negative ones,we too are going on Majesty on 7June (Manchester) and looking forward to it very much ,now Christmas is over I can start really thinking about it Husband just bought a new D/S (old one shrunk).:)

we are flying from Bristol on the 7th june and are cruising for two weeks, we will have to meet for a drink

Allison from Wales

We had a fabulous time on the Thomson Majesty Christmas Cruise,met some nice people and some "interesting" ones.Good choice of food,evening entertainment first class,cabin stewards lovely;enjoyed the chocs and towel sculptures.Cabin not great,as first timers we didn't know what was a good cabin anyway and it was a last-minute booking so had to take what we were given,4994, too near back of ship so very noisy and quite small.We could cope with it being small as we have a campervan and are used to small spaces but even earplugs couldn't stop the noise. We only booked 2 excursions,one to a volcano crater and winery which was good,the other one was awful.We had never been to Morocco so booked the walled city trip to Taroudant costing £72.After about an hour's drive we arrived and were taken on a fast walk around,unable to take photos or stop and look at the sights,we were then taken to the Souk and left for 20 mins to be pestered by the traders.I looked at a leather belt,£40 was asked,I got him down to £10 after a long wrangle,we were glad when the guide re-appeared to take us back.The drive back consisted of the driver and guide talking to each other in their own language for the whole boring journey.We complained about the cost and the content of the trip when we returned but nothing was done.The rest of the time we found our own way around with the helpful maps given out at reception and had a much better time,so save your money and do it yourself!

Our friends were right,once you do a cruise you can't wait to do another!

Archived