Blue water need your advice

tadnsal

Wanting a beach with chairs shade and pretty good snorkeling. Coki gets such mixed reviews and probably to crowded. Was wanting sapphire beach but traveling with wife and niece and they want restrooms. secret harbor and cowpet bay looks like very good snorkeling. going to be on st.thomas march 2 2015. please give me some help.

At that time of year Secret Harbor is likely to be crowded with condo guests, but Cowpet is not likely to be crowded. Not sure if Cowpet rents chairs, though, since most people who go there are the timeshare visitors.

ImageUploadedByForums1397740872.957238.jpg.abaa0ee97ad57ac2e91fe91071610d6e.jpg

Coki beach. Amazing. Go there. You can have food and drinks brought to you. Excellent snorkeling place. Beach chair rentals too. Walk out to the cabs and negotiate. Try to get several people with you to lower the price. They start at like 25 a person. Go to 15 and ask for island tour. They will take you to a bunch of places. And drop you off at Coki beach. There is a police officer posted there too. So everything is on the up and up. I plan to go in June again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1397740809.507660.jpg.7f9da31866c8d22980969de7b6799fe6.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1397740835.347858.jpg.b80b570003a1b51d1dc9f28ecc168cd4.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1397740852.933546.jpg.71f4bb01a4ce25e33c67c4ad73ad2f3e.jpg

Restrooms but no shade. Sapphire has your abundant natural shade but no restrooms - go figure!

I would avoid Coki because of the crowds, Sapphire will be devoid of cruisers and you probably could use the restrooms at the Sapphire Village behind the marina if you buy a drink or snack from the runner on the beach.

I vote Sapphire :)

Restrooms but no shade. Sapphire has your abundant natural shade but no restrooms - go figure!

I would avoid Coki because of the crowds, Sapphire will be devoid of cruisers and you probably could use the restrooms at the Sapphire Village behind the marina if you buy a drink or snack from the runner on the beach.

I vote Sapphire :)

No crowds at Coki beach when I was there.

No crowds at Coki beach when I was there.

That was a very unique day indeed! Glad you had a good day there. Coki is usually the perfect beach for those wanting a livelier vibe. But it is also a gorgeous beach in a nice, intimate setting after the ships have gone.

mustangdrew: If you see locals feeding fish, it is because they believe they are going to make more money from you. Please DO NOT feed the fish. Here are a few articles for you to educate yourself in this bad habit:http://reefwatch.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/why-cant-i-feed-wild-fish/, http://myfwc.com/research/saltwater/fish/other/marine-fish-feeding/, http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/general-travel-vacation-discussions/350036-fish-food-use-during-snorkeling.html, and you can find many more examples.