upgrade to M6 on Getaway?

mnh

My daughter & her friend stayed in 8730 & the bed was by the closet. My DH and I had room 8732 and bed was by the balcony. The cruise was great other than a little rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you have any preference for bed location? Glad to see you enjoyed :)

Did you have any preference for bed location? Glad to see you enjoyed :)

If I could pick either, I would choose the bed by the balcony. It's a little tight by the closet, but not a huge issue to me. I truly did enjoy the M6 cabin - you won't be disappointed :)

Glad you had a great trip. We cruise in January. Too long to wait! Were you able to have the divider open between the balconies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The time will go by quickly! We booked 9 months ahead & I think a lot of the fun & excitement is the planning & waiting! I had asked on these boards prior to our trip about opening the dividers, but once onboard never really needed them open & never asked the room steward. I don't think they would have a problem opening them while docked. We were pretty busy on our port days and I only used the balcony first thing in the morning (before anyone else was up). The great thing about the large balcony was on busy sea days you didn't have to look for a lounger!

• 2 months later...
My daughter & her friend stayed in 8730 & the bed was by the closet. My DH and I had room 8732 and bed was by the balcony. The cruise was great other than a little rain.

Hi Taylor95! We'll be saying hello to your old Cabin 8730 on a future cruise. Looking at the deck plan, the balcony on 8730 in drawn much narrower than the others. In reality, was it? Thanks much for sharing your inside knowledge...and hope you're still smiling from happy memories of your great cruise!

Hi Taylor95! We'll be saying hello to your old Cabin 8730 on a future cruise. Looking at the deck plan, the balcony on 8730 in drawn much narrower than the others. In reality, was it? Thanks much for sharing your inside knowledge...and hope you're still smiling from happy memories of your great cruise!

I'm pretty sure the balconies in both of our rooms were the same size. I know both balconies had the same amount of furniture. We really enjoyed these cabins! Enjoy!

I'm pretty sure the balconies in both of our rooms were the same size. I know both balconies had the same amount of furniture. We really enjoyed these cabins! Enjoy!

Thanks much Taylor95! We're good then...so long as it wasn't half the size like it looks on the rendering. You would've noticed that, LOL! We're one less worry closer to vacation!

In case ya'll forgot, Norwegian Cruise Line has joined with other competitors to ban smoking on cruise ship balconies, beginning Nov 1.

So you wont have to worry about any unwanted butts on your balcony...if you see someone smoking on a balcony, should be pretty easy to take a picture and report them

We had 3 cabins in a row ...M6. AMAZING.

Cigarette butts? No..I don't know where you got that from...ridiculous.

Not only are the balconies 3X larger, but the bathrooms are bigger and better. Double sinks and a shower that 4 people can fit in.

Loved being on deck 8 also, because all of the restaurants are right around the corner. No fighting to get on the elevator to go to dinner.

We had cabins 8716...8718....8720 All beds were by the balcony...not the closets.

We have 8716, 8720 & 8722 on our upcoming Getaway cruise! Feeling bad for the folks in 8718 :p We had a B6 on the Breakaway and loved it, but this will be even better!!

Edited by dznymom