Victory: Main or Riviera deck quieter? What to avoid?

LMaxwell

i always prefer the Main deck over Riviera, mainly because there's no way to tell what's under you on Riviera. Could be a crew lounge or something else noisy. On the Main deck, just be sure you're not under the galley or show room. Being under the restaurant, guest services or shore excursions would be fine, but the galley or show room could be noisy. Underneath you on Main you have just cabins.

Yeah, I hear you. not knowing what machine spaces or crew quarters are under Riviera deck makes it tough to pick. You know above is cabins but below???

What about being beneath dining rooms? I find some cabins in those areas. At their peak times I don't think we'd be in the room; but early breakfast or late night cleaning could be an issue.

The alternative is to save $100 and go for an interior on Empress with cabins all around us on any side, but I've really grown to like OV's and $100 total overall for 3 people isn't a bad deal at all to have the window. I could sleep in a rolling box car, but my wife can't and I'm always studying deck plans to find quiet rooms for her to sleep:)

I was in an oceanview aft on Main Deck for one of my Victory cruises, and felt a lot of vibration. It wasn't constant, but definitely noticeable. The other times I was in an inside more toward the front (higher deck) and toward the middle (Riveria deck) and felt nothing either place. As for what to watch out for, take care around the seahorses at the end of the staircases. Making contact with one of their pointy snouts or tails HURTS! Also, I hope you like the color green.

What about being beneath dining rooms? I find some cabins in those areas. At their peak times I don't think we'd be in the room; but early breakfast or late night cleaning could be an issue.

The dining rooms are carpeted and don't transmit noise to cabins below. Vacuuming is done with canister vacs that don't grind the carpets. And your cabin ceiling is not the support floor of the dining room.

You should book an OV under the dining room on the main deck.

The dining rooms are carpeted and don't transmit noise to cabins below. Vacuuming is done with canister vacs that don't grind the carpets. And your cabin ceiling is not the support floor of the dining room.

You should book an OV under the dining room on the main deck.

I ended up with an OV on main deck directly under guest services AND directly BEHIND the elevator bank; so there should be an absolute minimum of hallway traffic. Fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone for the input.