Just returned - Alaskan Cruise with TWIN 2 year olds!

Twomalamutes

We cruised with our BG twins on a 7 day round trip out of Seattle on princess. We returned yesterday and just figured I would post a couple things that I found helpful - We flew in the day before to seattle and had the afternoon to relax and get the kids some exercise. The morning of the cruise we arrived at pier 91 shortly after 11:30 and basically walked right on the ship. Headed straight up for lunch and then settled in our room for a nap. We took our inflatable beds (shrunks brand) so we got those set up with sheets and blankets from home. I had taken the monitor, but it never left my suitcase. We had a balcony room and just left the door slightly ajar when they were sleeping or one of us took a nap there in the room. I will mention that with the bed as a queen and the two shrunks beds there wasn't much room to move around, so when the beds weren't in use we stood them up along the wall.We had 14 (age 2 - 80) people traveling in our group and all had balcony cabins right in a row, so we had the balcony doors opened between all the cabins! The kids loved the "running" room, although I am not too sure the people below enjoyed the noise. :eek:

We took the kids up to the kids club and supervised them for an hour or so each day, which they really enjoyed. We were not able to leave them due to them not being potty trained. We did 2 dinners in the main dining room where Ipads and coloring books were our saving grace!

For baths I just "plugged" the shower with a wash cloth and filled a couple inches in the bottom, enough to splash around and the rinsed with a cup of water from the sink.

I way over packed on wipes and diapers (took 120 diapers for the week), but would rather that than have run out!

Over all our kids adapted very well, but we also went with their flow and are now in the process of getting them back on schedule and in a routine.

Feel free to ask away!

We didn't do much with the kids. In Juneau we had booked a whale watch with Harv and Marc - grandma and grandpa stayed on the boat to babysit :-)

In Skagway we just walked around town with them and shopped. They did enjoy getting up close to the train in down town! In Ketchikan again we shopped! They loved when we were in port to sit out on our balcony and watch all the sea planes and helicopters as well as all the people.