Doubletree Canal St., New Orleans

golfpccc

Have the Doubletree Hotel booked for our cruise out of NO in April. Is this hotel within walking distance of the RCCL Terminal?

It's not far, but I wouldn't want to make the walk with my luggage. Additionally, the convention center lies between the hotels and the port making the walk less than desirable. A $10 cab ride is much easier.

Many ask about walking to the terminal. There is always someone that says it's easy. Traffic or the cops can make it a mess at times. There are some streets in that area that are closed to pedestrians. As said, it's less than $10 for two on cruise day and is very easy. The streets over in the terminal area are not fun with luggage.

Doubletree is a great hotel. We normally stay in Marriott, but last year had to take Doubletree and loved it. And the cookies are wonderful!!!!

Has anyone walked from the Hilton Riverside. It looks like a .5 mile walk down port of new orleans street. Thoughts please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Same as the above post, they are right next to each other. Walking is not the best way to do it with luggage. Cruise days are crazy. Spend the $8-10 for a cab, you'll be glad you did.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been reading that the Rivercenter Mall has an elevator right down to the RCCL terminal. Wondering if it would be possible to walk from the Doubletree to the Mall and pull luggage through the mall to the terminal. Does anyone know if this elevator opens up inside the terminal or opens to the whale lot? Also read that the Mall has a walkway to the Carnival terminal.

I think the Mall is actually connected to the Hilton Riverside Hotel.

I have been reading that the Rivercenter Mall has an elevator right down to the RCCL terminal. Wondering if it would be possible to walk from the Doubletree to the Mall and pull luggage through the mall to the terminal. Does anyone know if this elevator opens up inside the terminal or opens to the whale lot? Also read that the Mall has a walkway to the Carnival terminal.

I think the Mall is actually connected to the Hilton Riverside Hotel.

Many of these things are possible, but it is much simpler to take a cab. It is a zoo on cruise day. Walking anywhere in that area with luggage is crazy. I suggest you spend the $9-10 and take a cab.