Alaskan Journey on Explorer of the Seas

Loved your photos and review. We will be on the Explorer with family and friends in June. Hoping the weather will be decent. We have always done late September and one in May. This will be our 7th Alaska cruise. Taking our granddaughter and her family for her high school graduation celebration.

Question.......How were the formal nights? First how many were there on 7 days and did you find that the men wore tuxes, suits, sports coats or just shirts and ties?

Thanks very much. I am on seven-night Radiance sailing in Alaska right now. We have two formal nights- days two and five. Mostly VERY casual formal nights here. A few suits and ties. Lovely weather so far. Enjoy your sailing!

• 1 month later...

I'm heading out next August, thanks for your thoughts. Who knows what will change in the 2 years since yours!

What you had to say about the "castle" in Victoria confirms my suspicions of what I saw on their website. More of an estate than a castle.

Victoria is the port we're struggling the most with finding something that interests us.

I'm heading out next August, thanks for your thoughts. Who knows what will change in the 2 years since yours!

What you had to say about the "castle" in Victoria confirms my suspicions of what I saw on their website. More of an estate than a castle.

Victoria is the port we're struggling the most with finding something that interests us.

My pleasure. I definitely suggest Fisherman's Wharf which is a short walk from the ship (walk left). If you opt to go downtown first, taking the tiny water taxi from town over to the wharf is fun and then you can walk back to the ship (or vice versa).