Enchantment of the Seas thoughts and a big thank you

I recently took my first cruise and want to thank the Cruise Critic community for all of the first hand info and opinions that you all share. I read the boards for months and really felt I got a lot out of them.

My wife and I recently did the Enchantment of the Seas 4 day Bahamas cruise to celebrate our upcoming 25th anniversary. We chose it based almost entirely on timing and that it looked like a good intro cruise for first timers. It didn’t disappoint at all.

I think a big tip I read was to take reviews with a grain of salt. So many reviews told me the ship I booked was old, small, and rusty. Yes, it is older and “small” and yes, older ships have some rust. We thought the interior was clean and the service was great.

We went into the cruise planning on relaxing more than anything. This ship had a lot of quiet spots tucked in and the solarium was great. We found the service to be fantastic as well.

I thought the food overall was good. Some minor misses but I understand the price point they are trying to deliver within and thought they did a good job.

Admittedly, I have nothing to compare it too. However, I really enjoyed the size and didn’t feel crowded even though I believe the ship was close to full. I will cruise again but am not sure how I feel about 4,000, 5,000, and 6,000+ fellow passengers. I thought Coco Cay was great and just the right amount of people. When the number of passengers is doubled, how is the island experience?

Anyway, we had a great cruise and really enjoyed the info provided by this community. Thank you to you all.

Edited by newfan

So glad you enjoyed your Enchantment cruise - we love Enchantment because of the size and crew. As you continue to cruise, you will find the ship that fits your needs. Our perfect size is the Radiance class - but honestly, we have enjoyed every cruise because we had the expectations of fun and a get-a-way from every day life. ;)

Very happy for your enjoyable anniversary cruise! We love each ship for the differences it has to offer. It is funny to us now but we said we wouldn't want to an Oasis class ship. We would never do an inside balcony. That there would be too many people. Then We tried it just to see and loved it all! Especially the evening crickets and soft music and twinkling lights from the Central Park balcony. Try something different! You'll never know unless you do! Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sailed Enchantment in 2013 for our 20th. It was also our first cruise. We had a fantastic time. Since then we've sailed on the Brilliance (which I dig because of the ocean views from seemingly everywhere) during Christmas. Comparing the two, there are definately things about both we love. Our experience on the Enchantment was better but that had more to do with us than the ship.

We are sailing Enchantment again this October and then Symphony in the Med next year for our 25th. Like was stated above don't know if I'll be a fan of the Oasis class with it being so large. But we'll see.

Glad you enjoyed your first cruise! I will not be surprised if you and your wife are already discussing your next cruise!

Yes, we are already talking. Maybe even follow enchantment to Galveston. Or something new. Thanks for the great thoughts from everyone.