Is there enough time?

Dale's gal

We will be docking in Juneau at 2PM. Would like to take the Blue Glacier Express to Mendenhall Glacier and hike to Nugget Falls and not be in a hurry. I'm not seeing a whole lot of current information on the Blue Express. Will we have enough time to get to the Glacier, hike around for awhile at a leisurely pace and make the last bus ride back to town?

There's a blue bus and white bus. You'll have to check the schedules of both on your specific travel date to find the time of the last bus. It's typically 6pm but can be 7 if there are several ships in port.

It's a 20-30 minute ride. If it's a glorious day and you want to stay late, you can always call for a cab... just be sure to have your cell phone and the number of a few cab companies. About $35 each way. There's a list on the Mendenhall web site:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tongass/about-forest/offices/?cid=stelprdb5400800

Yes you have enough time. Last buses leave around 6pm, verify the schedules before you leave. Be at the pick up, at least 15 minutes early. Nugget Falls takes about an hour, allow an hour in transit. Your time frame works.

Have a fun time. :)

Thanks. I've also looked at renting a car. Seems I can get one for less than $70' date=' which sounds ideal. Then time doesn't become an issue.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Be sure you know all the details of where your ship docks and where the car rentals are. Can be miles apart and "surprises" for the uninformed. :)