OBC and flight reimbursement

cvskult

I was booked on the 1/21 allure sailing that got cancelled. Royal is offering $200 flight rebooking and extra on board credit.

Does anyone know how the flight reimbursement works? I had booked 2 one way trips so likely will cost more then this to change but also used points.

2nd does anyone know if not used would this type of on board credit be able to be refunded?

Thanks stressed out

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was booked on the 1/21 allure sailing that got cancelled. Royal is offering $200 flight rebooking and extra on board credit.

Does anyone know how the flight reimbursement works? I had booked 2 one way trips so likely will cost more then this to change but also used points.

2nd does anyone know if not used would this type of on board credit be able to be refunded?

Thanks stressed out

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When they offer to pay your flight change fee, that is the only thing that they will pay. If it would be cheaper to cancel and rebook (if they let you use the $200 for that), they still won't let you do that. Change fees ONLY.

I've had to deal with the flight thing myself with Empress.

This is what I was told: It would only be valid if the tickets were changed, new ticket would not be covered. My case, would have been cheaper out of pocket for a new one way ticket than changing the return leg. However, change with the $200 refund would be less total.

Refund wise took a few weeks after the claim was submitted. Want to say it was refunded to one of the credit cards the cruise was paid with.

On a side note, my insurance did cover the rest of the cost to change the flight.

Sent from a mobile device

I've had to deal with the flight thing myself with Empress.

This is what I was told: It would only be valid if the tickets were changed, new ticket would not be covered. My case, would have been cheaper out of pocket for a new one way ticket than changing the return leg. However, change with the $200 refund would be less total.

Refund wise took a few weeks after the claim was submitted. Want to say it was refunded to one of the credit cards the cruise was paid with.

On a side note, my insurance did cover the rest of the cost to change the flight.

Yes, we were in the same boat. :rolleyes: Same deal for both of us in the airfare. Ridiculous.

Yes, we were in the same boat. :rolleyes: Same deal for both of us in the airfare. Ridiculous.
Doesn't help when the change fee is $200 then the cost of the flight has gone up, change was about one week out. Was atleast lucky to get an extra day on Majesty leaving the same day.

Bad part, TA was never informed about my sailing. I had to mention something to them.

Did love how the initial insurance claim was denied. Some how the next morning got an email saying it was approved. Note this wasn't Royal's insurance. The first reviewer didn't think a non functional galley shouldn't be classified a a mechanical issue. No provision in the policy for, well you know the details...