How Long For a Trip to Swizzle Inn/South Shore Beaches

jacqueline926

On our final day in Bermuda (Tuesday) we wanted to take an early bus to the south shore beaches, walk from Horseshoe to Warwick (probably spend some time at Jobsons Cove and Warwick but only take pictures of the others) and then stop at the new Swizzle Inn for lunch.

How long will this take us and what time approx. should we expect to get back to the dockyard?

What is the earliest bus we can get to the south shore beaches and how frequently do they run?

Is the Swizzle Inn convenient to get to when we are finished at Warwick?

Will we have enough time to stop by the Mall/Rum Cake Factory/Glassworks before our ship departs at 5pm?

Has anyone actually been to the NEW swizzle inn? Ive only heard others rave about the old one which is why we want to go - if the new one is not the same, we may want to change plans?

What is our best course of action for the day? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Me, too. I was hoping to hear some advice from someone who'd done this. We would be coming from Dockyards and I don't know if we get to Horseshoe Bay via ferry or bus or both. Also looking at a stop at the Swizzle Inn before returning to the ship. ANYONE????........

It's very doable. Not sure of the time details, but we usually do Horseshoe Bay and then bus to South Shore Swizzle Inn and back to Dockyard with plenty of time. Usually get back around 2:30ish.

Estimates: first bus to Horseshoe Bay (30 min) and then walk to Warwick Long, 2-3 hours? The walk isn't that long so how long you stop to swim/take pictures will determine your timetable. Look at your watch.

Take bus to Swizzle Inn, 5-10 minutes? Lunch hour and 1/2? Bus back to Dockyard, 45 minutes?

This does not include wait times for buses so build that in. Confirm that the bus you are boarding goes where you want it to go (there is a local bus and an express beach bus, iirc). Go straight back to Dockyard after Swizzle Inn. Don't try to go via bus to Hamilton/ferry, that takes a really long time.

We have been to both Swizzles and the food is the same. The rum swizzles are expensive. Pitchers are very small and it adds up fast. Check your bill. They overcharged us by one pitcher last time we were there. (I told them and they fixed it) Seems trivial but a large pitcher is $24.

Edited by marci22

Me, too. I was hoping to hear some advice from someone who'd done this. We would be coming from Dockyards and I don't know if we get to Horseshoe Bay via ferry or bus or both. Also looking at a stop at the Swizzle Inn before returning to the ship. ANYONE????........

There are no Ferry Routes to the South Shore Beaches, only Bus Routes. You would get onto Bus #7 at the Dockyard. Sometimes they have an express bus that just goes to the beaches and doesn't s make all of the in between stops. There is also a shuttle ticket that you can buy for a trip to Horseshoe but I think it is around $17 round trip and that is more than just taking the bus.