Taxi to Chileno

eggbeater

Hello

I will be going to Cabo next week with my wife and 5, 7, 9 and a 10 y.o. kids. We want to take them snorkeling and I heard chileno is a good choice. My question is it safe to take a taxi? We want a leisurely day at the beach and rather not pay for 6 on a excursion.

Thanks

First post!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Yes, it would be safe to take a taxi, but I am unsure of what the cost would be. Whatever it is, will be cheaper than an excursion on the ship.

You could consider a party boat that also allows time for snorkeling. Pez Gato is a very popular choice and is close to the tender pier.

Hello

I will be going to Cabo next week with my wife and 5, 7, 9 and a 10 y.o. kids. We want to take them snorkeling and I heard chileno is a good choice. My question is it safe to take a taxi? We want a leisurely day at the beach and rather not pay for 6 on a excursion.

Thanks

First post!

I hope this isn't to late, but we did that exact same thing but hired a driver for the day. He took us to Chileno, and stayed until we were ready to leave. He was FABULOUS and since we had a some extra time, he took us to a great place to eat and the glass factory. It was such a great day and I felt so taken care of. If you want his email, I can give it.

Hope you have a great time. Chileno was soooo beautiful.

Hello

Thanks

First post!

A taxi (by the way they are vans that hold 8-11 people) would be about $25-30 US each way. A much better option is the one above...hire a driver.

I hope this isn't to late, but we did that exact same thing but hired a driver for the day. He took us to Chileno, and stayed until we were ready to leave. He was FABULOUS and since we had a some extra time, he took us to a great place to eat and the glass factory. It was such a great day and I felt so taken care of. If you want his email, I can give it.

Hope you have a great time. Chileno was soooo beautiful.

mbmbird. I would love the email for your driver. Will you please email it to me? osbert.k at gmail dot com

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mbmbird. I would love the email for your driver. Will you please email it to me? osbert.k at gmail dot com

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I sent you and e-mail. Check your spam just in case. Have fun!

Hire Benjy Sanchez. We did. He was great. He can take you to the glass factory then lunch then to Chileno beach. He can bring umbrellas for shade and a cooler of beverages. He can get you back to the ship in time and even make a shopping stop if you like. You will have a great time. look for his contact info under another thread of mine....tell him Kristin told you he was awesome!

We were there Tuesday and there were a lot of fish. There was a bit of an undertow so we made sure one adult was watching one kid but we had 4 adults and 6 kids ages 6-8. They did fine but there was enough of strong waves for us adults to be cautious since you had to be past where the kids could touch not to be in the breaking waves. We saw tons of fish but another couple did have some chips they were feeding to them in the water.

Just checking in. Our first day in Cabo we hired a van driver. Negotiated a price of $80 for 6 of us in a Chevy Suburban. Driver waited for us and provided us with a cooler with beer, water and sodas. Loved the beach, Beautiful with many fish very shallow for the little ones to look at. For those of you have been to Maui reminds me of the Kamaole beaches. Great trip!

Edited by eggbeater

mbmbird, I'd also love the contact info for your driver. Your Chileno day sounds perfect for our party of 6! If you wouldn't mind, please email me at beverly underscore notte at hotmail dot com.

Thanks so much!

On it's way!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi mbmbird! We will be in Cabo on cruise over Thanksgiving week with our 2 granddaughters (10 and 12). If you could send the email for your driver I would appreciate it. Thinking of either Chileano or the Pez Gato snorkel. My email is maryshops1949@yahoo.com. Many thanks.

Email on it's way - just make sure you check your junk mail, I'm using a gmail address. Hope you enjoy your cruise and your time in Cabo:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mbmbird! We used your taxi driver while we were in Cabo last week and he was great. He responded quickly to my email(s). He met us on the pier at Cabo and took us to on a short tour of Cabo, drove us to San Jose and we had a shopping stop and then on to Chileno Bay and snorkeling and swimming. He brought umbrellas, snorkeling gear and a cooler with water and beer and also a few swim "noodles" which worked out well for me and for the granddaughters. I was quite pleased and would also recommend him. Thanks for the information. Can't wait to go back! Mary

Hi mbmbird! We used your taxi driver while we were in Cabo last week and he was great. He responded quickly to my email(s). He met us on the pier at Cabo and took us to on a short tour of Cabo, drove us to San Jose and we had a shopping stop and then on to Chileno Bay and snorkeling and swimming. He brought umbrellas, snorkeling gear and a cooler with water and beer and also a few swim "noodles" which worked out well for me and for the granddaughters. I was quite pleased and would also recommend him. Thanks for the information. Can't wait to go back! Mary

I'm glad you had such a good time. Alex is great and I can't wait to go back and hire him again. He is not only a great driver but a great tour guide:) I was going to rent a car for the day but my DH (who wasn't with us) wanted us to spend the extra $ for a driver. I'm sooo glad we did - they drive CRAZY down there:eek: and he took such great care of us and made our time in Cabo so special, not something I could have experienced on an excursion.

Would you mind if I email you? I have some ?s that I don't want to post here.

Mary (I'm a Mary too)

Could you please forward the contact info to me? What was the cost? We have such a short time in Cabo (ship leaves at 3), but thought it might be a good idea to hire a driver for the few hours we're there. Just my husband and myself.

Caroline

Thank you.

dcsam@comcast.net

it's sent. Check your spam - my email is mbmbird @ yahoo dot com

Just checking in. Our first day in Cabo we hired a van driver. Negotiated a price of $80 for 6 of us in a Chevy Suburban. Driver waited for us and provided us with a cooler with beer, water and sodas. Loved the beach, Beautiful with many fish very shallow for the little ones to look at. For those of you have been to Maui reminds me of the Kamaole beaches. Great trip!

Would you mind letting me know who you used? Did you negotiate at the pier or ahead of time through email? I am getting a quote of much higher than that for 5 of us, so I'd like to check my options. Thanks hendytax at cox dot net

Sorry I wish I could. I was lazy and waited until we got on shore to negotiate with a vendor and lost the guy's card. I found him in the plaza slightly to the left of the port (where the white tiger pictures are offered). Go there and they will find you. Hope you have a great trip.

• 11 months later...

I know this is an older post, but hoping to "revive" this topic and get some info from this post. I would love for our little family to visit Chileno Beach on one of our days in port. I actually contacted a snorkel trip company (Rissalena) and they warned me that the water would be very cold for an actual snorkel trip, so I'm wondering about getting to this beach to just hang out for the day. We have 2 boys 10 & 6 and I figured they could play in the sand with a little swimming and we could kind of be on our own schedule. It was mentioned in this post the best way to get to and from this beach on your own and wondered if anyone could give me the information they got while researching. Any companies or reliable people I could contact to get us to or from for a reasonable price (and not miss our ship)? My email is brookevyacht at Hotmail dot com if anyone would like to email me the information. Thanks so much!