Aerotel, singapore

gullcruiser

Will have a 15 hour layover in Singapore. My choices are reserving a room at Aerotel in T1 for 12 hours or going to Singapore Air First class lounge in T3. During this time I more than likely will leave airport but need a place for some R&R. Has anyone been to this hotel ? What are your thoughts with hotel vs lounge.

Thanks for your thoughts

At the hotel you have your own, lock-able (and so easy to leave stuff behind when you go to city), room with a real bed where you can sleep for as long as you want. Shower is in the bathroom in your room. You pay for it and get no food/drinks.

At the lounge you do have a separate place to rest and stretch out, you can use the shower-rooms, there is plenty of food and unlimited drinks. Leaving luggage for several hours is usually frowned upon...

Net, if you want to get several hours of real sleep, change, shower and leave stuff I would opt for the hotel and you can always head to any SQ lounge in T1 for a bite/drink.

• 3 weeks later...

You can only book this hotel for 6 hours initially then have to pay for each hour over this , it can work out expensive , we looked at this but have now booked another hotel not too far from the airport with free shuttle which works out cheaper , each room has a garden or beach view