St. Maarten Beach Fun Mobile Tour??

Go38car

Anyone have info or experience on this tour? I've not seen it listed before, and there's not a pic of the "vehicle" provided. It is described as a "unique side-by-side three-wheel scooter guided tour, just twist the throttle n'go."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently noticed this available on the Royal Caribbean shore excursion website. I would love to find out more information also! It sounds like fun, but it would be nice to hear from someone that has actually done the excursion. Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just booked this excursion for our Explorer of the Seas 3/15/09 cruise. When we get back I will try to remember to post a review/comment. If I don't feel free to e-mail me at kclvt at yahoo.com. We are excited!

Edited by kclvt

Anyone have info or experience on this tour? I've not seen it listed before, and there's not a pic of the "vehicle" provided. It is described as a "unique side-by-side three-wheel scooter guided tour, just twist the throttle n'go."

If you are going RCCL there is a picture now!

We just booked this excursion for our Explorer of the Seas 3/15/09 cruise. When we get back I will try to remember to post a review/comment. If I don't feel free to e-mail me at kclvt at yahoo.com. We are excited!

While trying to book this excursion with RCCL, it noted a 200 lb weight limit. My DH is a 220 lb bodybuilder. I am curious to know if they really abide by the weight or if you just have to be able to fit comfortably in the scooter. Any tips when you return would be helpful. This tour looks like a blast!

While trying to book this excursion with RCCL, it noted a 200 lb weight limit. My DH is a 220 lb bodybuilder. I am curious to know if they really abide by the weight or if you just have to be able to fit comfortably in the scooter. Any tips when you return would be helpful. This tour looks like a blast!

I'll let you know - they look awful small (tight) which might be why the weight limit. 24 more days!

• 1 month later...

Wow - what a great excursion. We had a blast! To get there you had to take a 10 passenger boat to the other side of the island. Wow. - Driving around was great - it is a bit tight though. My husband is about 197 - 200 pounds - they didn't weigh you or anything but they are small. This is a new excursion that they just started. I think they only had like 7 sport coupes. The tour guide was Jerimiah - what a hoot he was.

I am going to try to attach a picture but don't know if it will work or not. We would do this again if and when we ever go back to St Maartin! Any questions let me know and i will try to answer.

2123439815_2009-12NightSoCaribbeanCruise102.jpg.afd7e74aca8bf117f9551390203b6f5d.jpg

I just saw this new tour on RCCL. We are going in May and it looks like a lot of fun. The description says you stop at two beaches for a break. How long do you spend at the beaches? Can you book it directly through the scooter company or just through RCCL? Thanks.....

I just saw this new tour on RCCL. We are going in May and it looks like a lot of fun. The description says you stop at two beaches for a break. How long do you spend at the beaches? Can you book it directly through the scooter company or just through RCCL? Thanks.....

We only stopped at one beach where we could have swam - Mullet Bay for about 45 - 60 minutes, where we also got a complementary drink. We stopped at a couple of others but just to get out and stretch and take pictures. I don't think they are booking privately yet. This is a new excursion and I don't think they are doing private tours or not. It was alot of fun. Like I said there was about a 20 minute boat ride to get to the coupes before we started riding.

I don't know if you can do it as singles. We had 5 pairs that did them together. Some even took turn driving. There is a 200 pound limit for a person but they didn't really check. Since this is a new excursion they only had 7 vehicles and one was used by the guide so I dont' know. But it was fun.

Edited by kclvt

• 2 weeks later...

I recently went on this excursion and I have to agree, it was SO MUCH FUN!

I went with my mother who is near 200lbs and they never asked a question. She had plenty of room in the car. If you want an estimate, the width of the car is ~54in. across. If you have a lot of weight in the car, you might have problems going up some steep hills, though no one in our group did.

There were also no singles in our group so I don't know if you can go yourself. I would think if they have enough cars left over you may be able to?

Jeremiah was our tour guide as well. He is one funny guy! Since we were the first car in the pack, we got to see him do some crazy driving over rocks and sand...don't really recommend since I almost got stuck in the sand :).

We stopped at two beaches. One was near these big houses (including Bill Gate's and Oprah's)for about 10mins and the other was Mullet Bay for about 40mins. Mullet Bay was the only place we stopped that had a bathroom. I would highly recommend going to the bathroom on the ship, as you go over a lot of bumps for about 2hrs. They do give you each a big water bottle and free punch at Mullet Bay.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I recently went on this excursion and I have to agree, it was SO MUCH FUN!

I went with my mother who is near 200lbs and they never asked a question. She had plenty of room in the car. If you want an estimate, the width of the car is ~54in. across. If you have a lot of weight in the car, you might have problems going up some steep hills, though no one in our group did.

There were also no singles in our group so I don't know if you can go yourself. I would think if they have enough cars left over you may be able to?

Jeremiah was our tour guide as well. He is one funny guy! Since we were the first car in the pack, we got to see him do some crazy driving over rocks and sand...don't really recommend since I almost got stuck in the sand :).

We stopped at two beaches. One was near these big houses (including Bill Gate's and Oprah's)for about 10mins and the other was Mullet Bay for about 40mins. Mullet Bay was the only place we stopped that had a bathroom. I would highly recommend going to the bathroom on the ship, as you go over a lot of bumps for about 2hrs. They do give you each a big water bottle and free punch at Mullet Bay.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeremiah was a hoot. Did he have a helper with him? I don't remember his name but he was almost as much fun as Jeremiah. What did you think of the boat ride. That was almost as much fun as the cars. This is one of the best excursions that we have been on. I think they can do away with the first beach that they stop at.

Great pics and thank you all for the advice. We'll keep this in mind...I hate booking things ahead of time although it sounds like they don't have too many "cars" yet...we'll see how it pans out...

• 2 weeks later...
Was the terrain real bumpy...did you have to follow the tour guide on the tour...could you go off to other parts by yourselves?

Part of it were bumpy - when you went off roading. Otherwise, you drove right on the main roads. The vehicles are registered and have license plates on them. You followed a tour guide (Jeremiah) and could not take off yourself. It was one of the best excursions we have done.

The person on the left does the driving. That is where the handle bar was. There are brakes on both handles (front and back). The throttle was on the right handle bar. He said it took some time getting use to it but it was fun driving. Next time he says he will let me drive.