Dining Wheelchair Access

SapphireGinGimlet

Is it possible to eat at the Hog Penny Pub and/or The Swizzle Inn if you are in a manual wheelchair? We're cruising to Bermuda in June, and my husband is in a manual wheelchair. He can sometimes sometimes walk up 1 step and I could lift the chair, but a ramp or small threshold bump is better. I'd like to know if eating at either of these places is feasible. I couldn't find any clear pictures of the access online.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you - from pictures online the steepness in front of the Hog Penny shouldn't be unmanageable between the two of us, we're youngish and in decent shape other than the wheelchair. Does the door have a step or lip though? I'd hate to navigate that steep street and not be able to get inside.

The interior of the Hog Penny isn't very amenable to anyone using a wheelchair. Tables are close together, there are various steps up and down to get to tables in certain locations and it would be impossible to use the restroom if it was needed.

I forgot about the different levels and yes, it is tight to get around.

The Swizzle Inn (opposite the caves location) is possible both in and out. However, the restroom has a step. The gift shop is up a flight. Loved the food, the dark atmosphere and the Swizzle drink.

On Front Street in Hamilton about 2 blocks up from the ferry in the shopping area, there is a bar/restaurant called Flannigans that has an elevator on the side entrance. We were in Hamilton one evening and were recommended to it by security as it is pretty hidden. A popular balcony place in the evening. Good food, drinks but as in all of Bermuda, very pricey!

At the Dockyard the Frog and Onion is flat. Open outside and possible to go inside. Snacks at Snorkel Park next door. $5 charge for admittance, but worth a look if you ask.

The hotel (left of ferry 4 blocks...opposite way of shops) in Hamilton has a lovely restaurant and features a High Tea after 2:30 pm. It's quaint. Vicki