Valley Church Beach

melbae9

Hey Everyone,

Wondering if anyone has been to Valley Church Beach recently. I can not find any recent threads on this beach.

I was looking for recent prices on chair/umbrella rentals and how available taxis were for a ride back to the ship. Also, are there any bars or snack stands?

Cheers!

Mel

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted a few weeks ago.

Search Antigua right hand side "search this forum". You have to be logged into your account. If you type in Valley Church Beach you will get more results than just looking for a post named "Valley Church"

My post:

Antigua Beach Jan 9th

We had intended to go to Darkwood Beach as read about on these boards. However, the drivers do not seem too interested in taking you there. A British group from the P&O ship Azura was looking for 2 more people to go to Valley Church beach so we decided to join them. I knew I did not want to do Jolly Beach. A very fun ride and conversation with the Brits. We all decided on a return meet time of 3 pm with the same taxi driver. We did not pay until we got back to the port. $32 round trip for two. When we got to the beach, it was not too busy. We were walked way down to the right side as you enter the beach. At first I was a bit concerned that we were taken so far down the beach (around 9:20am) but by noon the middle part of the beach was packed so good choice. I also read a review about Darkwood from last week and it did not sound good. So maybe the locals are correct. A local woman was talking us into Valley Church said that the facilities are much nicer at Valley Church. We split an order of Coconut Shrimp- probably the biggest coconut shrimp I have even had. Delicious too. So guess Valley Church was a great choice. I would say get there early and decide with the group before hand what time you want to come back.

This was a Monday so Jacqui O's was not an option.

I was looking for recent prices on chair/umbrella rentals and how available taxis were for a ride back to the ship. Also, are there any bars or snack stands?

Was there last April and had a great beach day. I confirm the taxi fares others have cited ($8 pp each way) and our driver didn't even ask to be paid until he picked us up and took us back. Taxis seemed plentiful, don't think you will have a problem.

The beach was beautiful, fairly gently sloping and long enough for a nice walk. We rented chairs / umbrella - I think it was $20 for 2 chairs and an umbrella (may have been less). There is a beach bar serving drinks and snacks (cannot recall if there was "heavy" food available), prices seemed reasonable.

Enjoyed so much we'll probably do the same in March on our next visit! Have fun.

Not been here myself but I contacted Lawrence of Antigua who seems to be well respected on CC and. he has recommended this beach. I asked for something not to far away from St Johns that had food and drink facilities and close to shops etc. He's quoted $40 rtn for 2 of us.

My question is is this a good price and can we just get a taxi at the port and get there without booking?

Edited by cruzinchad

Jan 9 2017 2 lounge chairs and umbrella were $20.

I believe the coconut shrimp was 15 or so. Don't quote me on that. DH is still praising them and wants to have them again.

Thanks did you get a taxi from the port if so how much?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi - Is there any good snorkelling at this beach, we will be there in January next year and would like to go snorkelling somewhere.

I am in the planning phase as well, so I can't comment on specific beaches, but this site has been helpful to give a little summary about which beaches are good for snorkeling, resorts, watersports, etc.

http://www.antiguanice.com/v2/thingstodo.php?cat=35

According to this site it is a good beach for calm water, but it does not rate for snorkelling.