Luxury Hotel anywhere Near Dover

We are getting into London but want to avoid the hustle of the city and head to the country side.

Anyone know of any luxury hotels near Dover? Say in Kent somewhere. I have looked in Canterbury and there doesn't seem to be too much.

There is one place that I found but it was about $1,200 a night. I can take up to about $500 or $600 for a countryside hotel. After that, I'll compromise.

In London it is another story. If you want five star it seems you have to shell out at least $700-$800 or more. Or take a tiny room.

Thanks much!

There are no "luxury" hotels in Dover but here are some offering good accommodation and you would probably find them acceptable for one night. Please bear in mind that prices are usually quoted as per person rather than per room, so somewhere asking for £50 per night would work out at about $200 dollars forthe two person room.

Have you tried www.whitecliffscountry.org.uk ? Click on accommodation and browse.

????

When I clicked on to Walletts court etc, I got info on a USA town called Dover.

The request was for hotel information prior to embarkation in Dover, Kent, UK.

Or have you seen something, Iamboatman, that I have missed.

When I click on it it definitely states Walletts Court Country House Hotel, Westcliffe, Dover, Kent, UK. Not sure what others are seeing.:confused:

It looks like quite a nice hotel.

When I click on it it definitely states Walletts Court Country House Hotel, Westcliffe, Dover, Kent, UK. Not sure what others are seeing.:confused:

It looks like quite a nice hotel.

You are right. Isn't that odd. The first time I clicked on the link it related to DOVER, USA, BUt now, as you say it takes me to Dover, Kent, UK.

Mysterious. As I live in Kent, I was just trying to be helpful. I think I will go to bed and have a rest!

Archived