Voyager Club Event

Help. Our travel agent, an old family friend, signed us up for the Virtuoso Voyager Club, which includes a free full day city sights (w/ lunch) tour of Tallinn, along with some other complimentary perks. We had planned on doing Tallinnon our own, using Rick Steves' book. I am wondering if anyone has done this tour (it is not the one listed on the rssc website). It is 6 hours and hosted by Betty and Billy Reid. It does say that they need a minimum participants (there are 5 of us, don't know if others join us). It also says it is 'individually tailored for each date and arrival', so I don't know if I can say I want to see this or that.

Has anyone done this? Comments? Should we say thanks but we'd rather do it on our own?

Thanks.

We were on the Navigator last year in Tallin and the Voyager Club had an excursion. Since it was the 2nd time we had been in the city, we joined the Voyager excursion since it included lunch at a "famous" restaurant.

The tour was ok...not as good as you can do on your own since Tallin is super easy to visit all by yourself. However, it was a good overview and with the guide we did learn some new information. The bus picked us up at the port and dropped us off at the top of the hill. Then we walked down through the city visiting the cathedral, interesting buildings and a special folk concert in the "Blackheads" hall. Blackheads were the single men in the city during Hanseatic times. That was the highlight of the day and one we were glad we didn't miss. They served cake and tea.

Then we walked some more to the restaurant. Lunch was somewhat of a disappointment. The restaurant was extremely warm and the tables were very crowded. I don't remember all the menu but it was very "Americanized", I thought. Steak, etc.

Usually the Voyager excursions are very nice. If it follows what we did last year, you will get a good overview of the city and if they have the folk concert, it would be worth it. You can leave the tour at the end in Tallin and make your own way back to the ship (even walkable if you don't mind walking).

Hope this helps you make up your mind.

Jan

I am surprised that Virtuoso is still operating that tour since I will be on the sailing this Saturday, and they cancelled the cocktail reception and tour since there were only 5 people! I have had their amenities on the last 4 cruises, and I was not impressed with the tours. They seem to do a lot but do not spend any measurable time in any one place. By the way, I get a shipboard credit to make up for the tour, etc, and I am just as happy.

If you want more info, go to www.virtuoso.com and click on Special Offers, then click Cruises, then fill in the info on your cruise, and when the sailing comes up, click on the little red colored diamond next to Tallinn and the details of the excursion should come up. Have a great cruise

Archived