Another Galveston Parking Question

Fl cruiser 2012

We are sailing out of Galveston for the first time and I need suggestions for parking, My husband is a disabled veteran, my mother in law will need a walker or wheel chair because she cant stand for long periods of time, and we are also traveling with an aunt who is blind. Can anyone give me suggestions on the best place to park? I know there is a place we can park for free with my husband being a disabled veteran, but I don't mind paying if there is a better place to park.

Go to http://www.portofgalveston.com, under "Cruise Parking Discounts", they do show this:

Disabled Vets & Purple Heart Recipients

Free parking will be offered upon arrival to applicable persons with a picture ID and valid documentation from the U.S. government stating that they are a disabled military veteran or Purple Heart recipient. Acceptable forms of proof are:

DD214

Department of Veteran’s Affairs service connected ID card

Vehicle registration with disabled veteran or Purple Heart designation

Identification must be presented at the time of arrival. No refunds will be issued after the fact.

Also under "Luggage/Passenger Drop-off" it looks like there is a shuttle service.

You might contact them, tell them the particular needs for your group and they could advise the best option.

We parked with Galveston Park-N-Cruise across the street from the port, but we were all able bodied and able to carry or pull our own luggage. They don't have a shuttle so you wouldn't want to park there. I hope you find the services you need for your group and that everything goes smoothly. :)

We are sailing out of Galveston for the first time and I need suggestions for parking, My husband is a disabled veteran, my mother in law will need a walker or wheel chair because she cant stand for long periods of time, and we are also traveling with an aunt who is blind. Can anyone give me suggestions on the best place to park? I know there is a place we can park for free with my husband being a disabled veteran, but I don't mind paying if there is a better place to park.

They are trying valet parking at the port and it is an option on the port parking site. We plan to use it in April when we cruise if it is still available.

Hope you find something that is easy for your group and have a wonderful cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is an option for your group, but I usually drop off all of the checked luggage with the porters. I then let all of the passengers out with their carry-ons, have them find a comfy place to wait while I park the car and walk back to meet them. It is usually not more than 15 minutes between from the time I drop them off until we are reunited.

Edited by o-state girl

There is port owned and private lot parking .

All are close.

There is valet at terminals , some park and walk , and others are park and shuttle. Or you can walk from Harbor House or Tremont Hotels.

Suggest dropping bags first in most instances.

Parking is easy.

Go on Port of Galveston/Parking and Galveston.com/cruiseparking

Edited by ssb