Will We See Sharks?

PyrHeaven

We were originally scheduled to go to Harvest Caye and were planning on that being our only beach day of the cruise. Now going to Belize City.

We were originally snorkeling in Roatan but will be changing to beach day. Would like to snorkel in Shark Ray Alley. With Coral Breeze tours, it mentions you "might" get to see a shark. What are the chances? My son would LOVE that. If the chances aren't super high, we may decide to do cave tubing instead. Decisions decisions...

I agree with previous poster. These sharks and rays hang out in a certain area and when the boats come with food, they come swimming! I have never read a post or review yet that said they didn't see any. :)

PB120117%20copy-M.jpg

PB120115%20copy-M.jpg

I have a review of our day swimming with the sharks and rays if you are interested in more pictures. It's located in my signature line.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a bit naïve here, as we cruise a lot, but when we snorkel we tend to be seeking fish or rays..... Are the sharks are fairly small? Isn't there concern that they are SHARKS? I am trying to decide if my kids would be comfortable (and if I would totally freak out)?

I am a bit naïve here, as we cruise a lot, but when we snorkel we tend to be seeking fish or rays..... Are the sharks are fairly small? Isn't there concern that they are SHARKS? I am trying to decide if my kids would be comfortable (and if I would totally freak out)?

I posted pictures of them above. You can see the size of them in comparison to the rays. ;)