Anyone been to Split? Help please.

Nancy48

Hi, have tried posting on th destination forums but have only received one reply which was helpful but wonder whether anyone here can help as well.

We are a group of four, three able bodied and me! I have limited mobility, on a good day can walk slowly with sticks, on a bad day am in a wheelchair. We are doing the Adriatic and in Split, Croatia, the group want to go to the Krka national park. I have read a lot of stuff on this park and it seems o me that it will be heavy going for me. I am happy to let the others go and just have a rest day on board, but they don't want to do that. So would like to know whether I could find somewhere to sit, I know there are restaurants, which is near the entrance, and which has a view of the falls etc., so that I can wait there whilst the others do their trek.

If anyone has any information I would be really grateful.

Nancy

There are other options...Split is usually a tender port, unless you are on a very small ship. Once ashore, you can wander (slowly) around the historic center of town, and sit in one of the many open air restaurants along the waterfront and enjoy a cold beverage, maybe a snack, and people watch. If it is a wheelchair day, going ashore will depend on whether you can get out of the chair to board the tender and the folded chair can then be loaded. And that you have a regular chair that you can propel yourself, rather than a transport chair that would require a pusher.

We have been threr twicw, once on Nieuw Amsterdam and then on Silhouette. Tendered both times. Your itinerary states you will be tendered. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Thankyou for that, it is useful to know that the port itself is doable and I will bear that in mind. Sadly for me the others won't go to Krka without me and I feel really guilty for holding them back. They are all fine with it, adopting a one for all and all for one mentality, but that doesn't stop me feeling bad, and I was just hoping that we could reach a compromise, if I knew there was a way for me to see the waterfalls and wait whilst they did the rest of it.

Thanks again though, at least I know what I could do without trouble, and it does look lovely in the photos, cannot wait.

Nancy

I was there several years ago -- and I'm not disabled so please take the response with a grain of salt since I won't necessarily pick up on difficulties a disabled person might have.

I remember it being quite hilly -- don't really remember cobblestones or anything like that but some steep, narrow passages.

Hope that at least helps a little bit.