Passport renewals for 2017 leave plenty of extra time

CruzVinnieCruz

The DW cannot work without a valid passport since she is a flight attendant and her company just granted an exception for the remaining of this year and all of 2017 requiring it but anyone that maybe affected will have to fly domestic. They always expedite the renewals but that is expected to start taking a lot longer than the norm.

In 2007 over 18 million passports were issued because of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) so beginning this October through 2017 they are expecting to issue a record number of passports. The number is expected to be well over 30 million including first time passport issues.

Anyone with a renewal in this time frame may want to leave plenty of extra time for processing.

Take care,

Vinnie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I renewed mine first of this SEP. I sent it in by priority mail sending, paid for expedite service, and payed for return priority mail. Total cost for that all was $210, (20+110+60+20). I got it back in 5 business days.

They (Philadelphia) have tracking that you can sign up for and shows exactly where your application is in the system. The reason I used priority mail is that my previous renewal got lost coming back. Well, not exactly, it was delivered to the wrong address and that address sat on it for a month before turning it back to post office.

Tom

• 9 months later...