Need advice on Star Virgo cruises out of Singapore

Widebay

I couldn't find any mention of this cruise line on CC, hence the reason for a new posting. No doubt my helpful cruise critic friends will know.

Firstly, I have relatives in Singapore, who we visit every so often, so after seeing our relatives DW & I want to visit some of the ports in south east asia, eg. Phuket, Bangkok, Malacca, etc.

Could anyone tell me how they found this cruise line & itineraries. Also my wife are ex-smokers from many years ago, and you know they are like, very anti-smoking. I looked up Star Virgo, and they apparently allow smoking in certain designated areas, but where are these designated areas? I do hope they don't allow smoking in the Dining Rooms.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Need the help of my CC friends. I couldn't find any mention of this cruise line on CC, hence the reason for a new posting. No doubt my helpful cruise critic friends will know.

Firstly, I have relatives in Singapore, who we visit every so often, so after seeing our relatives DW & I want to visit some of the ports in south east asia, eg. Phuket, Bangkok, Malacca, etc.

Could anyone tell me how they found this cruise line & itineraries. Also my wife are ex-smokers from many years ago, and you know they are like, very anti-smoking. I looked up Star Virgo, and they apparently allow smoking in certain designated areas, but where are these designated areas? I do hope they don't allow smoking in the Dining Rooms.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

The line is first and foremost a gambling junket for the Asian market. That said, if you are accustomed to the amenities of Western lines you may be disappointed. There will be significantly more pressure to buy extras that a polite no thank you or two do little to deflect. There are shows that are an extra expense. My spouse was not allowed to sing karaoke unless drinks were purchased first. It was an interesting experience that has supplied us with stories to entertain our friends for years.