Lisbon Cruise dock

we were in Lisbon in May and were at the new dock which is just a short walk into town. We had arranged a private tour and our guide wasn't there when we got off the ship --- turns out he went to the old dock down by the bridge - but luckily we were able to reach the tour company and he reached us about 30 mins late. BTW we used Pancho Tours for a 3 hour walking tour.

Marianne

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.portodelisboa.pt/portal/page/portal/PORTAL_PORTO_LISBOA_ING/CRUZEIROS/PREVISAO_NAVIOS_CRUZEIRO

The link above will take you to a cruise ship schedule on the website for the port of Lisbon. Once you find your ship in the appropriate month, click the "quay" tab at top left to see what the abbreviations mean. I think "TPSA" and another similar one is Santa Apolonia. (Jusante just means "downstream.") If I remember correctly, Alcantara is down near the bridge.

Last September, we were assigned to the Santa Apolonia docking location, which is by the train/subway station of the same name, just below the Alfama area. It was near the Maritime Museum. The "Tabac" docking location is just a bit south of Apolonia. From the cruise terminal at Sta Apolonia, I went across the street and perhaps a half block to the subway station, purchased a day ticket for use on public transportation in Lisbon, and got around that way. It was fairly easy. The location was a bit farther away than some other dock locations, but overall was in a good location for sightseeing. Where you'll be assigned to dock can vary, as the port makes the assignments.

Edited by roothy123