Buenos Aires Port Disembarkation Info

PatriciaF

I couldn't find the following information here or on TripAdvisor.

The Buenos Aires port is a very busy industrial port. You will take a bus from the ship to the building that has your luggage. When you walk out, to your left will be all the taxis that have paid the fee to be in the port.

However, if you bear to the right, walk about 150 feet through the gate, you will be out on the main street. You could probably wave down a cab from there. There are cabs everywhere. Make sure the cabbie turns on the meter.

We did not use a cab as we were so confused by what the cab situation would be--especially when I read that a cab from the port to the hotel could be $50 to $75 US dollars. A cab from the street outside the port to our hotel in Recoleta behind the cemetery would have been no more than $10 US based on our many taxi rides.

Two couples at our hotel also from our ship never changed their dollars into pesos--they said the exchange rate given ranged from the legal, 8.5 up to 13 to 1.

We used http://www.bataxis.com for our transfer from the port to the hotel and 3 days later from the hotel to the EZE airport. Howard was standing right outside where you are funneled to the left with a sign with our name. He helped with all the suitcases and quickly got us to our hotel. He arrived at our hotel about 15 minutes earlier than scheduled and got us to the EZE airport in plenty of time.

We paid $35 from the port to the hotel and $60 from the hotel to airport.

Note that most cabs are pretty small and while they have room for 4 riders, 1 up front, 3 squished in the back, it would not have room for luggage for 4 people. The two couples left the hotel when we did and had ordered two taxis as they knew that the all 4 of them and their luggage would not fit in one cab. Howard's car would not hold that much luggage either--perhaps for 3, but not four unless you wanted to have the luggage on your lap in the back seat.

Hope this provides some clarity as to the situation--I certainly needed it.

• 10 months later...

Thanks for posting this - I have been looking for info on BA disembarkation.

If I might ask a couple of questions?

Which cruise line where you on?

And broadly speaking how long did it take for you to disembark and get to the outside area to meet your ride?

I am trying to determine my earliest flight time for my NCL cruise in Nov 2016.

Thanks in advance