St. Malo transportation to Mont St. Michel

JackieM

Lets talk about geography. You are looking for somebody to take you about 35 miles (one way), wait a few hours, and then bring you back another 35 miles. Anyone who will do this is going to want several hundred Euros. If you can put together a small group (perhaps on the CC Roll Call) you might be able to get the cost down to something reasonable. But otherwise, unless you can find a rental car (and are willing to drive a stick shift) you should be considering a cruise line excursion.

As to Mont St Michel, once you are inside the walls there is only one route up to the top. A good guide might be able to add some history and color, but having a decent guide book or an internet print-out is a lot less money.

We have actually stayed at a motel about 4-5 miles from Mont St Michel and found that we enjoyed the city late in the day after all the day trippers were long gone. It is actually a very quiet place at night but does have a few restaurants. But when it is totally dark the view (from a few miles away) is simply amazing as the lights just make the entire city magical.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

• 4 months later...

We are going to be in St. Malo on 8/12/15. Was wondering when you are going to be there. We are 4 people traveling. I am trying to link up with others on Crystal Serenity for a few small group excursions and was wondering if you are going to be on that cruise? Not many people on roll call for our sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to be in St. Malo on 8/12/15. Was wondering when you are going to be there. We are 4 people traveling. I am trying to link up with others on Crystal Serenity for a few small group excursions and was wondering if you are going to be on that cruise? Not many people on roll call for our sailing.

Hello, two of us are also on this cruise on Serenity. I haven't posted on our Roll call yet but looking around different posts as you are. We are interested in private tour from St. Malo but not to Mont Saint-Michel because we did it before. I saw your other posts about tours from Honfleur and Bilbao but we have different plans in these ports. I also saw your email address on our Roll call. Do you mind if I email you directly?

Victoria

I've just reread your post and realised that you probably meant August 12 and not December 8! But do be aware if you are giving a date when booking something, that in Europe we write August 12 as 12/08/15 :)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When we cruised to St. Malo, I arranged a private transfer with a taxi company for our CC group. It was very reasonable and despite the ship being late arriving (tender issue with the tender at St. Malo) our cabs were there waiting for us. They dropped us off and were back on time at the meeting point to take us back to St. Malo after our time at MSM. We had more than enough time.

It was raining on our day and that can make it cold there so do dress in layers, etc. in case.