Dover Port Restaurant Suggestions

My folks and I will be in Dover in May on an 8 am to 8 pm stop. The chance has come up to meet an old college friend and her family for dinner prior to leaving. Are there any family style restaurants (pubs are okay) within walking distance of the port?

I already have a private tour set up for the day, so lunch is not an option. It will be 6-7 of us with a 5 and 7 year old. Thank you for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, Bob++ and DrivesLikeMario. Your information helps a lot. All I found when I googled "restaurants near port of Dover" was Burger King! The Allotment makes me wish we were staying longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I saw The Allottment recommended i was initially surprised as I thought it had closed down. Therefore, it made me curious and it says it reopened in November 2016 on their website.

It had been run by a renowned London chef, but I can't remember his name. We went there a few years ago not long after it opened.

It was doing well as Dover is short of decent restaurants. Have no idea what the new restaurant is like.