Cabins on the end of the ship

dlmclaug

Hi,

I am going on the Royal Carribean, Navigator of the Seas in March. We have Jr. Suite w/balconly on the very back of the ship, on Deck 6. We have only cruised once before and were on Deck 9 in the middle of the ship on Celebrity Solstice. We had no motion sickness or we did not find much movement on this part of the ship. We have been told that you can really feel the movement of the ship more at the back and so we are concerned we may have motion sickness. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the back and what your experience was.

Thanks, David

We love the aft balcony cabins but you do feel the movement more, you also hear the ropes being released or pulled back in, there is a vibration from the props and it is noisier. You are also a ways back from some of the areas up front but not a big deal as we like using the steps and walking.

We had an Aft balcony cabin on Deck 8 on the Independance. Yes there is slightly more movement but we sailed through the Bay of Biscay in October and it was fine. The Balcony was a really good size and it was so relaxing to watch the Wash...the only thing i did notice was we got a bit of soot from the funnell landing but it was a minor thing!!!

We actually prefer the aft cabins.

We were on the Navigator past summer on Deck 9 aft balconies. Love the afts and really didn't feel extra movement except when coming into port. I would think there would be even less with Deck 6 due to it being lower.

We're booked on Deck 7 aft corner for the Mariner next. Can't wait!

Archived