Florida Marriage License

I just wanted to say the Brevard County Clerk's Office has been AMAZING to work with and the license was SO easy to get. They emailed us the paperwork right before Thanksgiving, We went to the Notary on Dec 4th and UPS'd it to them that afternoon. They received it this morning, I paid the fees by phone with my credit card and the forms are in the mail, validated and ready for us to get married next month. All the steps I did were the same steps I would have had to do if I have used TWE and I still would have had to pay the Florida Fee, the mailing fees, AND the additional fee they charge for doing it for you ($125 extra dollars). So for those getting married in Florida, any county license can be used in any other county in Florida. You can do this on your own, it is quick, easy and the Ladies at the Brevard County Clerks office are great to work with!

I just wanted to say the Brevard County Clerk's Office has been AMAZING to work with and the license was SO easy to get. They emailed us the paperwork right before Thanksgiving, We went to the Notary on Dec 4th and UPS'd it to them that afternoon. They received it this morning, I paid the fees by phone with my credit card and the forms are in the mail, validated and ready for us to get married next month. All the steps I did were the same steps I would have had to do if I have used TWE and I still would have had to pay the Florida Fee, the mailing fees, AND the additional fee they charge for doing it for you ($125 extra dollars). So for those getting married in Florida, any county license can be used in any other county in Florida. You can do this on your own, it is quick, easy and the Ladies at the Brevard County Clerks office are great to work with!

This is great to know! Thank you for sharing!

Most welcome. I just wanted everyone to know that it is easy to do yourself because you aren't really often given the information to start plus not every county will do it by mail.

Exactly - the way the documents read it sounds like you HAVE to go through TWE. I will happily save that money and do this myself, ha!

• 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing this information! I live in NC and I'm getting married on the Liberty in Ft. Lauderdale in April. Thanks to your post, I'm going to contact Broward Co. and see if they'll do the same. That'll save a 7 hour drive to Florida just to get a marriage license.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing the info about Brevard County. We decided to go that route and they have been nothing but helpful in making sure we get our marriage license in time for the wedding!

Thank you for sharing the info about Brevard County. We decided to go that route and they have been nothing but helpful in making sure we get our marriage license in time for the wedding!

I'm glad, that was certainly our experience as well. I made sure to tell them how wonderful they were and that I would refer anyone that asked to them because they were so easy to work with.

I decided the same! They have been great!

• 2 months later...
I was able to find out online. And also know you can get it in any Florida county and get married anywhere in the state of Florida so a Brevard county license would work for you.

Awesome! Thanks for the information. I'm getting married in Fort Lauderdale and this will be a huge help!

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Non-Florida resident here. We would like to take care of this direct and not through Carnival's TWE since it's so much more economical and appears to be simple. However, the website says the marriage license has to be recorded within 10 days of the official ceremony.

If you get married on embarkation day and go on a seven-day cruise, how do you get the license recorded within the 10 day time frame required? Does Carnival mail it for you on that day before leaving Port Canaveral? Or do they just sign/seal it and hand it back to the newlyweds to file themselves?

My son is getting married Saturday, October 10th on the Carnival Valor on embarkation day but won't return to port until Saturday, October 17th. All of the wedding attendees are also traveling on the cruise so don't have anyone that could do it for them. Just wondering if we have to find a post office after disembarkation and on our way to Orlando airport to meet the filing deadline?

What was your experience?

Edited by rlmorrow13

• 1 month later...

So what if your not actually getting married through carnival but on Fort Lauderdale the day before your cruise? Do you have to go and apply in person for the license or what? We are having a hard time finding flights that will get us there before the courts close for the day...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So what if your not actually getting married through carnival but on Fort Lauderdale the day before your cruise? Do you have to go and apply in person for the license or what? We are having a hard time finding flights that will get us there before the courts close for the day...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can apply through the Brevard County Courts to get married anywhere in Florida. The process is the same regardless. You can give them a call if you have any questions. They are awesome to work with.