Dream Tropical Treasures

Hi all :)

Booked this cruise today 23 March 14 deck 6 o/s.. local TA sorted it.

Told hubby a couple of hours ago when he arrived from work.

Just said there's a plane to Barbados with his name on :D he's really pleased, phoned his friends already.

Has been in my mind for ages now we can't wait.

Now to sort insurance.

Oh well done barnowl :):):)

Love the Caribbean. Wish we had booked that now for 65th birthday instead of Canaries, but do love the Braemar and they don't do Caribbean any more :(

Just going to look up your itinerary.

I believe Staysure is good for pre-existing conditions.

Want to walk in rainforests, look out for tropical creatures like iguanas and exotic birds (hubby loves spotting birds he knows every one in this country,) see giant ancient trees and plants, see bananas and mangoes growing.. laze on fab beaches, swim in sea as warm as bathwater, visit markets..do glass bottom submarine trip-don't do snorkelling-see botanical gardens and much more :):)

Oh well done barnowl :):):)

Love the Caribbean. Wish we had booked that now for 65th birthday instead of Canaries, but do love the Braemar and they don't do Caribbean any more :(

Just going to look up your itinerary.

I believe Staysure is good for pre-existing conditions.

Thanks Linda

Looks like your b/day is close to mine:D

Spoke to Insureandgo today, expensive quote but a really good cover which is important now...might give staysure a call tomorrow...does take ages to get through a screening for hubby 'tho.

:eek::):D......will definately pack waterproof jackets then.

3 ponchos for £1.00 in "that" shop. They are like a clear or yellow plastic bag material and only take up a small amount of space and are very light. I had one in Mexico where we had 3 days of torrential rain. Could have made a fortune selling them. I wore the same one for 3 days so they are strong enough.

3 ponchos for £1.00 in "that" shop. They are like a clear or yellow plastic bag material and only take up a small amount of space and are very light. I had one in Mexico where we had 3 days of torrential rain. Could have made a fortune selling them. I wore the same one for 3 days so they are strong enough.

Jakanne1 thanks for that, I didn't know about those:)

Amazing what you can pick up for next to nothing these days.

Will look out for some in the next couple of days.

ah yes the lovely caribbean rain (nice pics linda btw)...it rains mostly in the mornings (other than aruba/curacau where it never rains)

rain showers are heavy but usually only lasts a few minutes (most of the rain evaporates before it gets as far as the ground)

rain is not like the rain we get here at home....it doesnt seek you out around corners and sandpaper your cheeks....its warm rain

dont shelter under trees during a shower.....some tropical trees contain toxins that can irritate your skin ....theres nearly always a bar somewhere nearby that you can shelter in:cool:

take a brolly if you're visiting the forests of dominica.....it always rains briefly at some point each day in the forests of dominca

Jakanne, sorry the weather was so bad in Mexico, which month was it? Weather was so lovely first week in March at Cancun a few years ago.

geomagot thanks for the info about sheltering under trees in rain will keep that in mind, very useful to know.

Well done, Barnowl.

We go just after you, 13th April, on the Transatlantic :)

Thanks for the advice on the ponchos, Jakanne :D

Hi Little Nell thanks...weather should be fine after coming back too.. not snow and frost :)

Jakanne, sorry the weather was so bad in Mexico, which month was it? Weather was so lovely first week in March at Cancun a few years ago.

geomagot thanks for the info about sheltering under trees in rain will keep that in mind, very useful to know.

First time was April 2010 (I think). We had constant heavy rain for the Wed, Thurs and Fri and then we were stuck in Mexico for extra 3 days due to ash cloud and we had lovely weather on those days. :eek:

Second time was October 2010 and we had 2 weeks of perfect weather except for one day when a hurricane was approaching (that was exciting!) but it veered off to Cuba and all we had was a high wind overnight.

So, based on that we went the following October 2011 and that was when we had the 5 days of rain, 3 of them torrential. The plastic macs were well used that holiday!! :(

First time was April 2010 (I think). We had constant heavy rain for the Wed, Thurs and Fri and then we were stuck in Mexico for extra 3 days due to ash cloud and we had lovely weather on those days. :eek:

Second time was October 2010 and we had 2 weeks of perfect weather except for one day when a hurricane was approaching (that was exciting!) but it veered off to Cuba and all we had was a high wind overnight.

So, based on that we went the following October 2011 and that was when we had the 5 days of rain, 3 of them torrential. The plastic macs were well used that holiday!! :(

Oh our daughter was married Sat 17 April 2010, 2 or 3 days after the volcano erupted. The honeymoon had been booked for the following Tuesday at Dominican Republic. The put it off 'til July, was all so unexpected and disappointing but the wedding was lovely.

ah yes the lovely caribbean rain (nice pics linda btw)...it rains mostly in the mornings (other than aruba/curacau where it never rains)

Thanks Geo! In Grenada we went to a factory/farm sort of place first (sorry can't remember exactly what they did there :o) then up to the rain forest but we couldn't go any further than the photo as it was so bad. So we missed the monkeys that we were meant to see :(

The beach is in Aruba, but I don't think Barnowl is going there :confused: Still, there are lovely beaches all over the place in the Caribbean :)

Let me know when you are going away Jackie and I will book some other weeks :D:D:D

Did you get to climb the pyramid at Chitchen-Itza (not sure if spelling is right)

we did..hubby got to the top but I could only manage 3/4 of it and I found it more difficult coming down.

I went up there, very easily I might add, then when I turned around to come back down I nearly died:eek:. It just looked like a vertical drop. Luckily I have very small feet and managed by looking at my feet and the steps...and not down!:)

I went up there, very easily I might add, then when I turned around to come back down I nearly died:eek:. It just looked like a vertical drop. Luckily I have very small feet and managed by looking at my feet and the steps...and not down!:)

Not just me who got scared then, I did it by sitting on the steps and coming down slowly, hubby passed me and waited ages for me at the bottom.

I loved Cancun we went to Xcaret Eco park it was beautiful and we really enjoyed the evening show :)

Hi all :)

Booked this cruise today 23 March 14 deck 6 o/s.. local TA sorted it.

Told hubby a couple of hours ago when he arrived from work.

Just said there's a plane to Barbados with his name on :D he's really pleased, phoned his friends already.

Has been in my mind for ages now we can't wait.

Now to sort insurance.

hi BARNOWL also booked latin gem,s for march 9th 2014 same cabin deck 9 also done tropical treasure,s this year lovely cruise lovely island,s and not a cloud in the sky have agreat cruise

hi BARNOWL also booked latin gem,s for march 9th 2014 same cabin deck 9 also done tropical treasure,s this year lovely cruise lovely island,s and not a cloud in the sky have agreat cruise

Hi so,ton saint thanks I'm sure we will it sounds great... glad you enjoyed it too, hope you enjoy the latin gems just as much:)

Archived