21-day Galveston parking

cvhbauman

We are driving down for the b2b Triumph cruise and need to park. I've checked the independent lots, but the official cruise port lot doesn't show pricing for 21 days. I emailed and got a surprisingly low quote from them. Even after questioning it, they confirmed the price. :confused:

Has anyone who sailed on the similar itinerary in February park in the official cruise port lot? If so, what was the cost?

Thanks!

You won't have a comparison has there have not been extended sailings out of Galveston.

If you have a quote in writing and the price is acceptable, take it!

They did run a Galveston-San Juan (Feb. 9)/San Juan-Galveston (Feb. 20) pairing in February,

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=272701

although it was not referred to as a "Journeys" cruise. And there were 1700 or so passengers who did the b2b, because someone starting in San Juan complained in their review about having to wait for those passengers:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=272701

So this isn't their first rodeo. I will of course print out the email I received and have it handy, though I still run the risk of "sorry, you were told incorrectly" at the parking area--or my DH will, since I'll have been left off at the terminal with the luggage. I was hoping to have some confirmation of "yes, it was deeply discounted in February" or "No, we paid triple the weekly rate."

We are driving down for the b2b Triumph cruise and need to park. I've checked the independent lots, but the official cruise port lot doesn't show pricing for 21 days. I emailed and got a surprisingly low quote from them. Even after questioning it, they confirmed the price. :confused:

Has anyone who sailed on the similar itinerary in February park in the official cruise port lot? If so, what was the cost?

Thanks!

I believe that I read on another thread the Rodeway Inn -409-740-2491 has a park and cruise package.

Hope this helps.

I believe that I read on another thread the Rodeway Inn -409-740-2491 has a park and cruise package.

Hope this helps.

We are visiting family in Nacogdoches beforehand, so will be driving down that morning. I'm not sure a motel offering cruise parking would extend to 21 days, anyway. Ones I've seen for other ports are usually just 7 days--maybe I've seen 14 offered.

But thanks for the reply. Maybe it'll help someone else.

Check the port of galveston's website here: http://www.portofgalveston.com/index.aspx?nid=91

Email them your questions and I am betting they will help you out with 21 day parking.

Thank you. Yes, I've done that, and I got a quote by email that is extremely good--"too good to be true"--so I'm skeptical. It's not like I've NEVER gotten mis-information by phone or email before . . . :eek: I was hoping to find someone with past experience from February to corroborate the email from the Port of Galveston. The 21-day parking cannot be reserved and paid for ahead of time, so once I'm in Galveston, I'm stuck. If my husband gets told at the gate that the "person was mistaken" in their email to me, and the actual price is $30 more than what I could have reserved for at an independent lot, it's too late for me to do anything. I'm stuck.

Yes, I realize it might be only $30 more than the other lot (although $75 more than THEY are quoting me), it gets the trip off on the wrong foot. I'm looking forward to this cruise, and don't want it starting off with annoyance.

Thanks!

We are sailing out of Galveston in January and also got a great quote from the port and were pleasantly surprised. We are doing a b2b2b-26 days so that is where we will be parking. They told us we will have to go in to the office before we park and they will give us a special parking sticker.

We are sailing out of Galveston in January and also got a great quote from the port and were pleasantly surprised. We are doing a b2b2b-26 days so that is where we will be parking. They told us we will have to go in to the office before we park and they will give us a special parking sticker.

Thanks for your reply! So, 21 days on the ship isn't enough? ;) Did you talk to someone directly at the port, or only via email? Do you have a name? My email didn't mention anything about needing a special sticker, but then, we don't have a 3rd cruise. Maybe that's so they don't think your car has been "abandoned."